Womanisers

Options
LignumVitae
LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
edited 25. Sep 2012, 05:39 in Community Chit-chat archive
What makes them tick: a lack of understanding of women and a view that women are but one dimension, bless their tiny minds.

How to deal with them: play them back or ignore them, never see them as anything more than they are and never ever fall for their 'charm' or tricks.

Genuine men talk to you in an open, honest and genuine way, it isn't hard to tell the two apart.
Hey little fighter, things will get brighter

Comments

• arfaitis
    arfaitis Member Posts: 155
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    What do you mean by a womaniser, an over zealous flirt?
    Why have you problems with a man?
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    Interesting topic :lol: Very much sitting on the fence to see which way this goes.Marrianne :)
  • marrianne
    Options
    arfaitis wrote:
    What do you mean by a womaniser, an over zealous flirt?
    Why have you problems with a man?
    .....Are you an over zealous flirt then Arfaitis? :wink::|
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    Don't like them at all Tody, BUT I am old enough to know I won't 'change' them into a decent reliable partner even though they may appear to be funny charismatic etc :)

Toni xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    A womaniser is a man who often shows some the following characteristics: he's vain, shallow, unreliable, emotionally lazy, immature, self-obssessed, easily bored, untrustworthy, smug, far too sure of himself, perfect in his eyes and no mere woman could possibly match up to the required exacting standards of worship at his altar, hence the constant flitting from female to female. Simon Cowell strikes me as the classic example. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    A womaniser is a man who often shows some the following characteristics: he's vain, shallow, unreliable, emotionally lazy, immature, self-obssessed, easily bored, untrustworthy, smug, far too sure of himself, perfect in his eyes and no mere woman could possibly match up to the required exacting standards of worship at his altar, hence the constant flitting from female to female. Simon Cowell strikes me as the classic example. DD
    Oh DD just what I would have said.... if I had been good with words.. love it :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Options
    IMHO they are just like children let loose in a sweet shop, sweet shop syndrome! there is always someone better/different/more perfect/ controllable/and will shower with affection as DD said *will worship at their alter*

Personally I choose to ignore them because that's the opposite to what they crave.

They aren't above having a good old tantrum either.

Numps x
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I can't beat DD's answer. I can't even add to it.

However, your second question puzzles me, Tody. Don't we all want to feel loved? I know I do. I know I'd be utterly miserable if I felt no-one loved me. And I know that love is something that must be shared, once experienced. As far as I'm concerned life is about loving and being loved. Everything else is peripheral.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • arfaitis
    arfaitis Member Posts: 155
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:

Hang on, that sort of person is the same in chaps company not just women.

Marianne said : ----.Are you an over zealous flirt then Arfaitis?

Only if you want me to be. :lol:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    A womaniser bothering with blokes? Why? They won't give him what he feels is his due. They have more sense. DD

PS Blokes? Sense? I must be tired.

PPS I extend my thanks to all who complimented my post. SC is not the only male example; there is the female version too but she is usually called a far cruder name.

PPPS I'm spending the week-end with Simon because he needs me. Simples. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Womanisers are basically insecure and emotionally immature men who need constant reassurance from women that they are God's gift to the female sex. They are so insecure that when they receive that reassurance from one woman, they still crave for more. It's a bit like being addicted to a drug, and doesn't usually bring them happiness in the long run.

It’s suggested that those who experience emotional trauma, abuse, depression, or neglect in childhood are at greater risk of becoming addicted in this way, but there's no single explanation.

Most women with any sense steer well clear of men like this.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • marrianne
    Options
    8)
    arfaitis wrote:
    dreamdaisy wrote:

Hang on, that sort of person is the same in chaps company not just women.

Marianne said : ----.Are you an over zealous flirt then Arfaitis?

Only if you want me to be. :lol:
    Yes harmless flirting is great fun its how to spot the difference :?: :?
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    Womanisers are basically insecure and emotionally immature men who need constant reassurance from women that they are God's gift to the female sex. They are so insecure that when they receive that reassurance from one woman, they still crave for more. It's a bit like being addicted to a drug, and doesn't usually bring them happiness in the long run.

g035.gif

That kind Tody and I am pretty sure most sensible women do not really want to be with a man like that.

Love

Toni xx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Tody wrote:
    Simon Cowell is not like that, he gives the impression he is obsessed with sex - something womaniser don't really display.

Womanisers not obsessed with sex :?: :?:
    What planet are you on, Tody :?: :shock:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Tody,

Are you gonna be back at work again soon? :);)

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • Fitzroy
    Fitzroy Member Posts: 32
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:

For a second there I thought I was ready the personals and was going to answer because of the great fit. ;) Just kidding! I think the shallow is likely the biggest attribute followed closely by immature. I don't think so much emotionally immature as emotionally void.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    womanisers only love themselves.They always made me feel uneasy as they can be very demanding as they are used to getting their own way. I have always tried to avoid them like the plague but sadly attracted a few in my younger days! You have to be incredibly polite in order to get rid of them otherwise they never forgive you.

Elizabeth :D
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein