Just help in general for my oA

6im2laya
6im2laya Member Posts: 13
Please can someone help. I have oA in my hips mod/sev and now just had an X-ray coz think it may be in my knees and shoulder too. I'm totally down coz just had to leave my job as a mental Healy nurse because of the pain. Dr has prescribed loads of tablets pain killers 20 a day actually. I am not being offered a hip replacement coz of my age. I am 38 with now no job a husband with a brain tumour and I really needed to keep working with 2 young kids. Has anyone else felt like they r just holding off an op because of age. Have had steroid injections that didn't work. I feel pants and very useless. Sorry for the moaning.

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello and welcome to the forum.

Please don't ever feel you need to apologise for moaning on here - we are a friendly bunch and here to support each other as far as we can.

I am a forum member, not a member of the helpline team. I know someone from the helpline will reply to your message in due course but I just wanted say hello in the meantime, and to suggest that, if you post your message again on the Living with Arthritis (LWA) forum, I am sure you will get some understanding replies.

Thinking of you.

Tillyxxx
  • 6im2laya
    6im2laya Member Posts: 13
    Thankyou. I will do
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    Hi 6im2laya

Sorry to hear you feel so down with your current situation.

It must be really difficult with all the things you are having to cope with.

You are welcome to ring us on the helplines, if you would like to have a chat about things.

Take care

Nick
    Helplines Team