Motorcycle widow this weekend

Options
knuckleduster
knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
edited 26. Sep 2012, 04:28 in Community Chit-chat archive
Yes, I'm a motorcycle widow again for the next three days. Hubby has taken an old Enfield up to the Newcastle area for an event and won't be back until late Monday afternoon.

What am I doing, well - the washing, ironing, etc. But I have bought myself a bar of chocolate to keep me company this evening.

Haven't decided whether or not to watch Downton Abbey tomorrow evening. The adverts every ten minutes last week really made me cross, so I may watch it on Monday on catchup tv instead. Enjoyed the previous two series, particularly the one liners from Dame Maggie Smith.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.

Janet x

Comments

• LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Enjoy the break and peace, I would! The house to yourself and nobody to please but you, it can be quite restful at times.
    I've got to go to a wedding reception, it's not my thing, one of those big disco kind of things where everybody will be legless and throwing up by 9pm. Last time these two had a party there was a big punch up too, classy! I'll go, give my gift, have a lemonade and come home and continue my research into twin prams. I'm such fun.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • knuckleduster
    Options
    Hello LignumVitae

Hope you enjoyed the wedding reception and didn't get involved in any punch ups.

We have been invited to a joint 50th birthday party on the 27 December and big noisy parties have never been our thing. We feel compelled to go to this one though, as it's the parents of our daughters boyfriend. But what to buy them - separate presents or joint?

Good luck with your research into twin prams or are they called transport systems now?

Janet x
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Janet, I love having weekends to myself every now and again. I think it does you good to do whatever you like once in a while. You can watch all your favourite programmes on TV, eat what you like when you like, and generally indulge yourself. Forget the washing and ironing, and do something you enjoy; that would be my advice. After all, your hubby is doing what he enjoys, so you deserve to do the same. :D

LV- I could write a book about twin prams, having struggled through many a shop doorway and on buses with various ones in my time. My twins are grown up now though, so hopefully things have changed for the better.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,444
    Options
    Ah Janet

My hsuband is a classic car lover :roll:

He will return soon all the happier for having indulged his hobby :wink:

If you are anything like me you will have enjoyed the peace, space etc. I have to admit I do tend to iron when mine is AWOL too :oops:

why? a030.gif

I have no idea.

Lignumvitae your weekend activity (with the minor interruption :wink:), sounds lovely :D

love

Toni xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    A weekend away does them good. Mine went on a scooter rally last weekend and I was able to do my thing.It took him 4 days to recover though!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    We got away before the punch ups happened, you could feel things brewing though! I'd go for a joint resent, my usual in that situation is a bottle of bubbly and two nice glasses, two things to open so does both the single and double present thing!

Prams/ travel systems/ front facing/adjustable handles, it's a minefield of options. My mum seems quite keen on looking into it so I am thinking of getting her input! Prior experience of babies will make her more knowledgable than I! I'd quite like a red one is as far as I can really understand! It's good fun though and keeping me as still as I've been ordered to be for now!

Joan...any tips on twins gratefully received, I'm mostly excited but a wee but scared of the double tears etc!

Enjoy the peace while it lasts Janet
    LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • knuckleduster
    Options
    A bottle of something and two good glasses does sound a good idea and, I know, from their facebook page that they do enjoy a glass or two of wine
    (or maybe three :roll: ).

Haven't heard from hubby yet. His mobile is sooooo old that it probably has got some antique value. I keep telling him to buy a new one, but no luck, new handlebars, forks, saddle or something for his bikes - then yes.

Wet, miserable and cold here today. Even had to put the heating on this morning, brrrr.

Janet x
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Knuckleduster

weather here was miserable yesterday. Hope you managed to watch your programme or have you decided to watch it today on catch up.

I was a motorcycle widow the other weekend...My OH does Enduro (through woods on motorbike) he was up in the lake district and came home 2 days later caked in mud (well his clothes and bike as he did have a shower :lol: )

Next weekend he is doing the last enduro of the season but it is only a day and a half this time.

Hope your OH isn't too late home. I am sure he will have lots to say about his event :D (they normally do :lol: )

Love Juliepf x
  • knuckleduster
    Options
    Hello Julie

Hubby rang last night from the top of a hill because of his antiquated mobile :roll: . He had a good day in lovely weather but didn't do as well as he usually does. He didn't take the light weight bike he wanted to ride because of lack of power problems up hills (if that makes sense) and so had to take the Enfield which is heavier. He won't be back until early this evening.

Watched Downton Abbey last night and just put up with all the commercial breaks. Don't know if you are a fan of the programme, but I heard a comical song on BBC Essex yesterday detailing the story lines - hope I hear it again as it made me chuckle.

Wet here again but thankfully it's not as cold as yesterday. Even my son complained how cold it was yesterday and usually he is like a hot water bottle.
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    My Hubby is off to Ireland next Friday for 3 dYs on his Lambretta!! Yes Lambretta and if you don't believe it's possible ask tchkev if she still posts!!
    He comes home swearing never again and walking like he's lost his horse. Trouble is he doesn't like to admit he's getting old- bit like the rest of us! But hen again I always say you're as old as the man you feel and seeing as he's 5 years younger than me I'm on a winner!!
    Kate x
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Knuckleduster

I don't watch downton now but I did see all series one. I think the last one I saw the butler was in prison. (felt so sorry for him) :( then things just kept cropping up so I missed episodes.

I think we will have to make a coat hanger aerial and stick it to the top of their helmet so they get a reception :lol: my OH has trouble too.

Do you think they choose these destinations on purpose :lol:

Hope he has had a great time :D

Katekelly Hope your hubby has a good time in Ireland :D

Love Juliepf x
  • tkachev
    Options
    katekelly wrote:
    My Hubby is off to Ireland next Friday for 3 dYs on his Lambretta!! Yes Lambretta and if you don't believe it's possible ask tchkev if she still posts!!
    He comes home swearing never again and walking like he's lost his horse. Trouble is he doesn't like to admit he's getting old- bit like the rest of us! But hen again I always say you're as old as the man you feel and seeing as he's 5 years younger than me I'm on a winner!!
    Kate x

Mine was in Oxford on his Lambretta last weekend Kate and took 4 days to recover. I'd so love to go to Ireland on a Lambretta. It was Euro Lambretta in Killarney,Ireland last year. Did hubby go?

Can't remember if I saw any pics on fb of him! But did see your lovely Olympic adventure.
    elizabeth :D

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth,
    Yes Hubby made Killarney last year and Belgium this year. We went to Ireland last October for our anniversary as well so Bernie saw quite a lot of the Emerald Isle last year.
    How you been doing lately?
    Love
    Kate x
  • tkachev
    Options
    katekelly wrote:
    Hi Elizabeth,
    Yes Hubby made Killarney last year and Belgium this year. We went to Ireland last October for our anniversary as well so Bernie saw quite a lot of the Emerald Isle last year.
    How you been doing lately?
    Love
    Kate x

I'm just waiting on 2 operations now Kate. I've seen you've had your fair share of ops lately.
    I wish I'd made the effort to attend Ghent,Belgium as this is where OH and I first met on a rally 15 years ago. I just can't leave my Son for that amount of time. Never mind I'm used to missing out nowadays.

Did I see you are working from home? How thats going? I'd like to think its a lot easier but I expect its just as much hard work.

elizabeth :D

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein