and my modified mini,,, pmsl,,, its true its mine,,, :shock: :shock: :shock:

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u184/irishstick/short019.jpg

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Richy
    I love them...we had a cortina the first time round...and I cried when we had to let it go....oh the comfort..and it never let us down..
    Now I adore the mini...did you do that yourself....and its in my colour... :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Very nice Richy. I once owned an RS 500 Ford Sierra Cosworth but unfortunately it got stolen. Great to drive but not so nice to sit in as a passenger.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    Very nice Richy. I once owned an RS 500 Ford Sierra Cosworth but unfortunately it got stolen. Great to drive but not so nice to sit in as a passenger.

Elizabeth

Bloody hell Liz I'm impressed!. I'm also +well impressed with you Richy looks the pup's nuts the especially that mini, my only claim to famw was I stripped down and totally rebuilt a 1966 series 2A landrover, I sold her 5 years ago and still miss the old girl what a 4x4 it was only problem is eat petrol but what a solid old tank it was, sorry I've started to dribble!.
  • richy
    richy Member Posts: 55
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Oh Richy
    I love them...we had a cortina the first time round...and I cried when we had to let it go....oh the comfort..and it never let us down..

lol, i attended a 50th birthday yesterday to celebrate 50yrs of the cortina, i,l post up pics if you like? but idident want to bore everyone, lol,,

the mini (titch) is snot colour,,,,,,, kawasaki green lol,, i dident do it all myself, but i did have a big input,, as iv,e always wanted a mini shorty,,, i think id cry if i had to let my cortina go! :cry:
  • richy
    Options
    tkachev wrote:

Elizabeth

lol its scary to be a passenger in any performance car, lol,,, those cozzy sierra,s were seriously fast,,, that would be worth sill money now,,, back in the day they were stolen to order tho,,,,,,, :x
  • richy
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    tkachev wrote:

Elizabeth

Bloody hell Liz I'm impressed!. I'm also +well impressed with you Richy looks the pup's nuts the especially that mini, my only claim to famw was I stripped down and totally rebuilt a 1966 series 2A landrover, I sold her 5 years ago and still miss the old girl what a 4x4 it was only problem is eat petrol but what a solid old tank it was, sorry I've started to dribble!.

the series 2a was a propper off roader,,, as i havent been well latley ( im not even going there, lol) i sold my daily driver a nice manual mondeo,
    and i bought an auto isuzi trooper, the long wheel base 7 seater, god knows why? nice machine tho,, well the last two winters here in wales were a nightmare, :shock:
  • richy
    Options
    easy to get in and out of, and no clutch,,, thank god! :lol:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    richy wrote:
    barbara12 wrote:
    Oh Richy

lol, i attended a 50th birthday yesterday to celebrate 50yrs of the cortina, i,l post up pics if you like? but idident want to bore everyone, lol,,

the mini (titch) is snot colour,,,,,,, kawasaki green lol,, i dident do it all myself, but i did have a big input,, as iv,e always wanted a mini shorty,,, i think id cry if i had to let my cortina go! :cry:
    Oh Richy..I would love to see some pics....I do love reminiscing and that cortina had many happy memories.....those were the days.. :D:D x
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I would love to see some pics too.

http://youtu.be/pa3piDC3-CU

Elizabeth.
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    oooh I love the mini Richy

Juliepf x :D
  • alanthemanc
    alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
    Options
    Rich
    I used to like Minis, and owned a few years ago. My current dream car would be the Triumph GT6, or a MGBGT, 2 of the better classic cars. I see the TR6's go for a fortune on Ebay. Alanthemanc
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Woo Hoo love the mini Richy gorgeous..........Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    If you think about it, it's going to be really hard to have more modern cars as classic cars in the future as there's simply just to much of them made of plastic, all the modern wrap around fronts and rears are all just massive plastic moulded trims there's no metal, plastic weathers and becomes brittle and can even discolour with time, and anyway models of the same cars today go through multiple remoddings so a lot of bits won't fit most of those models sold although and on the surface they look the same they aern't, it will be interesting to see what classic cars are around in another 25 years or so.
  • richy
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    I would love to see some pics too.

http://youtu.be/pa3piDC3-CU

Elizabeth.
    cool,,, 8) 8) 8)
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    Hi Richy,

We are car fans and used to go to the classic car rallies :D

I have a Ford Anglia which was my first car and used regularly for years. Luckily the OH is mechanic and liked them :D so kept it (and others) on the road we have 3 of them lol

Love the mini :) i have 1, not on the road anymore didn't help with my back got some lovely wheels on it :D I really think i should sell it so someone can have some fun!

OH has a BMW E30 325i sports we have had some speed out of that :lol: Yes he did let me drive it!

Used to love driving but now find its far toooo painful :roll:

Rose x