My lovely Mum

Options
LignumVitae
LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
edited 29. Sep 2012, 16:59 in Community Chit-chat archive
I'm suffering with morning sickness all day and night so my lovely Mum made me a delicious chicken pie, crammed with goodness and veg. It meant I could pop it in the oven, steam some broccoli and not have to go through the two usual options of running the gauntlet of Mr LV's cooking :? (usually dosed with chillies, from gravy to mash which isn't morning sickness friendly) or try to muster the enthusiasm to cook myself. It's one of those things that isn't the biggest thing in the world but made the world of difference to me! Don't you love those kind of things? Money just doesn't buy that kind of thoughtfulness and it makes your heart boom when you get that kind of moment, or it does with mine. :D
Hey little fighter, things will get brighter

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That's what Mums do, LV. Enjoy it while it's her doing it for you and not you doing it for Bubble & Squeak :wink: The pie sounds delicious. I hope the morning sickness doesn't last long. I got away lightly.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Options
    Bless you, morning sickness is something I only suffered with my second child, my first was more thoughtful :)

I'm 63 now and my mum died 10 years ago, I miss her so much, there was a ritual, at 9pm I would ring her just to make sure she was ok and that she spoke to someone before she went to bed. I still often go to phone her at 9, it's a habit I can't seem to drop.

I hope it doesn't seem silly :|

Numps x
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    LV, that's what Mums are for :!: We would do anything in the world to make life easier and happy for our children :D It's called unconditional love, and you will feel the same for your child too.

Sorry to hear that you are suffering so badly with morning sickness, but lucky you to be pregnant :D When is the baby due :?:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    Hi LV,Your mum is wonderful ,I hope the morning sickness passes soon,chicken noodle soup good as a quick standby ....dry toast ginger biscuits .Marrianne :)
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Lv

The pie sounds delicious, what a lovely mum :D

Hope your sickness passes soon.

Love Juliepf x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    mums are amazing that is for sure (when they not driving you up the wall lol). i love my mum to bits and would be lost with out her. she held my hand today when had ultra sound just to stop me worrying it nice to be so loved (stomach probs so no full bladder)
    val
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Aww LV how lovely ....and how good it taste when someone else cooks...I hope those little baby's are doing ok... :) ((((()))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    Thank you all. I'm still enjoying having eaten my pie and best of all, when I phoned to say thank you, she said she'd make more food :D:D:D

I'm sure she will get sick of it in the end!! I know she loves me to bits, she has helped me through some really tough times and put me back together a few years back when I left an awful relationship, she was very patient with me and my tears!

Numps, that sounds beautiful and not silly at all, it's really touching. I think there is something about daughters and Mum's. I used to know somebody who sneered at how close my Mum and I were, needless to say, she lived alone and had no friends and her Mum never called her!!

Joan, they (I found out last week to my surprise that it is twins) are due sometime towards the end of March/ April depending how long they are allowed to bake for.

I have had a bit of chicken soup, it is a bit of a soul food and does just settle things. Today has been an OK day for the nausea and I have even managed to take the pregnancy multivitamin thing which only happens about once a fortnight...naturally, being the worrier I am I am now wondering why I don't feel as nauseous and if there is something wrong but I reckon it's just because my tummy was treated to chicken pie!

LV xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I would have thought it was patently obvious why you're feeling better today - those twins just love your Mum's chicken pie :D

If Mum wants to help, let her. it'll be good for both of you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • nicetomeetu
    nicetomeetu Member Posts: 63
    Options
    Your mum sounds lovely, just like you.

The chicken pie is making me hungry, yum yum. My appetite not been great lately but I could eat that. Congrats hun, I believe you carrying twins. Hope all goes well with your pregnancy,

Look after yourself,

Hugs to you and your great mum((((((())))))) :)
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi LV,

I don't know what mums are for but hell yours sounds lovely! Its how it should be and flower your eating for 3 just now. Thats got to warrant a lot of care and looking after cus you deserve it.

Will pass on the chicken soup (I don;t eat meat) but you got any cake there at all?

Hope the morning sickness will soon be easier for you and well a ((( ))) and a feel a lot better draft. Cris x
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    Thanks Cris, I'm doing much better with the eating suddenly!! I think knowing there's three of us has made me persevere a bit more than I was doing...there's always cake at LV's house so you'd be welcome to some xx
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    Hope your sickness passes soon LV,looks like a nice weekend ,fresh air helps a little mums lovely meals and anything with ginger .Marrianne :)
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    Thank you Marrianne, I think it's improving but that could just be hope! I've had a bit of fresh air but I'm on enforced rest again at the mo, it's quite dull but worth it to grow my Bubble and Squeak healthily! LV xx