Six Steps to beat Arthritis - Express

Options
elnafinn
elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
edited 27. Sep 2012, 05:32 in Living with Arthritis archive
The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It isn’t new but it isn’t rocket science. I rather like the order of things ie first off – work as a team. Good advice. Thanks, Elna.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    This is nothing new, we've heard it all before, read about it before, it's all stuff on the arthritis roundabout (much like us). That heading is so misleading, surely it should be 'Six Steps Which Might Help Ameliorate the Worst of the Symptoms of Arthritis'. Yup, I know, too wordy! :) I've sat and read all those little pearls of wisdom and I feel so downhearted. Been there, tried that, done the other, got nowhere. No matter, if it gives those who are new to this malarkey some hope then that is what counts. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    Options
    As you say dreamdaisy - we've all probably be there and done that.

My knees started to go when I was a mere 8.1/2 stone (haven't got a half key of my new computer). Took a good quality glucosamine and chondroitin tablet for years whilst the OA spread through me.

Used to grow all our own veg so always eat plenty of green stuff plus leeks and I'm a fish freak (can't get enough of it). Salmon tonight! I've probably got so mercury in my body I shall soon start to glow in the dark :lol: . Try to lose weight but can't get anywhere :roll: .

We all live in hope.

Janet xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Thanks for posting it Elna...I do like to read everything and keeps all options open.....xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks for the Elna but its all pretty well known by us the sufferers isnt it?
    We've all tried these things and some of them work some of the time etc etc

Love
    Hileena
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Hi Barbara and Hileena

As you say, none of this is new to us but at least arthritis is getting a plug in the press lately and AC too. May help someone out there newly diagnosed.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    I agree Elna. It's educating my friends and family too!
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Good morning, Sal :)

Well, that is great then! I am always looking for positives.

Hope your day goes ok,

Elna x

• rockchick
    rockchick Member Posts: 58
    Options
    Hey Elnafinn

Thank you for this link. It's refreshing to read an article that isn't offering a silly cure for arthritis, but sound, sensible advise which might be helpful for many sufferers. We can forget that not everyone has access to information on the internet. Some of us might be old hands at this, but it's a scary place to be when we're first diagnosed. Every little helps.

Thanks. RC
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Aw, thank you Rockchick. Yes, as you say, every little helps.

Anything I see on FaceBook that ArthritisCare have put up, which I feel may be of interest to us on the forum, I copy and paste on this zone, because even if it only helps one person here, I am happy to continue to do so. :D

I hope your day is going ok-ish for you. :)

Elna x

• salamander
    Options
    Ta for doing that Elna. How are you doing these days?
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Thank you for asking, Sal. I am ok thank you, not too bad, waiting on an MRI for the whole of my spine to see if I have more compression elsewhere as did have higher up and had that sorted one year ago. When the consultant recently heard the list of symptoms I have, I told him them all, whether related to my spine or not as was not sure, he then said it would be best to get an mri done.

We have to make the best of what we have, don't we and that is what I try to do. :)

You look after yourself, :)

Elna x

• salamander
    Options
    Good luck with the mri. Yes, we have to do our best :)
    take care too. xx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Belatedly read this Elna - thanks for posting it.

Tillyxxx
  • elnafinn
    Options
    A pleasure, dear Tilly.

Elna x

• bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    That is an interesting piece, sent it to me OH so he can read it! It might help him understand the bigger picture. When I read the header to this topic I thought it was ways to beat up Arther! I was going to suggest a big stick!! :wink:
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    That is an interesting piece, sent it to me OH so he can read it! It might help him understand the bigger picture. When I read the header to this topic I thought it was ways to beat up Arther! I was going to suggest a big stick!! :wink: