Waiting for my bosses decision

Options
rugbygirl
rugbygirl Member Posts: 691
edited 26. Sep 2012, 14:55 in Community Chit-chat archive
I have just found out that I have Fibromyalgia as well as OA. I had been suffering with tiredness as more aches and pains than normal which resulted in more tests to eliminate other things. The final result was Fibromyalgia and I felt that I needed to talk to my bosses about it.

I have asked that I either work 4 days a week,or 10-4 every day. i dont think i am being unreasonable but i am worried being in my probation period (although I have been there since Christmas as a temp and taken on permanently in July), that I will be shown the door.

I am now in limbo until Thursday at the earliest while they make their decision.

Any advice any one??
Jakib0644.gif

Comments

• numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Jaki,

that's a horrible place to be, in limbo, you have obviously proved you can do the job or they wouldn't have taken you on permanently. You did the right thing and told your bosses, so you haven't been underhanded in any way. Please try not to let it stress you too much (we all know what effect that can have!) I've crossed everything I can for you do let us know how it goes.

Numps x
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    You're definitely not being unreasonable.
    I wish you luck,
    Numpty
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options
    Jaki

You have been very brave and honest with your boss.

My fingers are crossed that he/she will be able to accomodate your needs.

Try hard not to worry until then - try to remember that you worrying won't change his/her decison

Thinking of you

Love

Toni xxx
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Jaki

Youve been a good employee and they took you on permanently, so they see potential in you...If they are decent employers they will find a solution and I dont think they will show you the door (is that legal anyway)....I really hope they come back with a favourable decision...
    I did work for Lakeland on a temp contract and started using my stick and blue badge as my knee had gotten worse they were great but when it came to applying for permanent jobs it was obvious i wasnt a favourite and when i applied the next time after my arthroscopy they said i didnt have enough relevant experience cos id been recouperating for a few months...I was told i was an exemplary employee and they would welcome my application what a lot of bull!!!

Good luck...

Elainexx
    rugbygirl wrote:
    I have just found out that I have Fibromyalgia as well as OA. I had been suffering with tiredness as more aches and pains than normal which resulted in more tests to eliminate other things. The final result was Fibromyalgia and I felt that I needed to talk to my bosses about it.

I have asked that I either work 4 days a week,or 10-4 every day. i dont think i am being unreasonable but i am worried being in my probation period (although I have been there since Christmas as a temp and taken on permanently in July), that I will be shown the door.

I am now in limbo until Thursday at the earliest while they make their decision.

Any advice any one??
  • rugbygirl
    Options
    Thanks for the replies.

Trying not to worry but obviously that doesnt really mean that I'm not.
    Jakib0644.gif
  • knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    Options
    I've got my fingers and everything else (ops, nearly fell over :roll: ) crossed that you get your shorter hours and your boss is understanding.

Janet xx
  • rugbygirl
    Options
    Well I have had a decision of sorts. Its not quite what I wanted but it is positive.

There have been some changes within the department and I have now been given work that is more suited to what I am capable of doing. My boss has agreed to see how it goes for the next few months reviewing me every couple of weeks to make sure that I am coping not only with the work but with my health as well.

If I cant make it in for the normal 9am then I just have to ring her to let her know and give her an idea of what time I can get in.

They are being very understanding and have said that they dont want to lose me in any capacity so the fact that I have this illness they are going to try to work with me as much as they can. I am a very valued employee who they dont want to lose.

I think more than anything, having employers who understand and who are willing to work with me rather than write me off.
    Jakib0644.gif
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options
    rugbygirl wrote:
    Well I have had a decision of sorts. Its not quite what I wanted but it is positive.

They are being very understanding and have said that they dont want to lose me in any capacity so the fact that I have this illness they are going to try to work with me as much as they can. I am a very valued employee who they dont want to lose.

I think more than anything, having employers who understand and who are willing to work with me rather than write me off.

Well Jaki

I think that is really nice - they clearly value you very much you should be really pleased. All being well you will continue to be the relaible employee you have always been and they will not regret it nor will you :)

Well done :D

love

Toni xxx
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Bet that feels better doesn't it? I think your bravery in putting your head up and saying you needed help has paid off. I'm really pleased, it sounds like you are going to get lots of support and that is seriously reassuring in the workplace!
    Well done, I hope you are having a little celebration
    LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter