Pocket duties please...

deedeeitsme
deedeeitsme Member Posts: 321
edited 29. Sep 2012, 05:20 in Living with Arthritis archive
I've never had pocket duties before but feel the need for support at my appointment tomorrow morning a 9am. I know it's early, sorry. For those who read my little problem thread they are still on the move (7 days now) and driving me crazy. I have resign myself to the fact it's not going to get better over night, these things never do, but at least it's a step in the right direction. Thanks in advance x Dee x

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'll be there, Dee. You've put up with this with good humour but it must be wearying and worrying. I hope you can get some answers and some relief.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    I'll be there, I'll bring some coffee too so we're all awake and on form! Good luck xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Hi Dee
    just getting to grips with all this but will be there for you tomorrow and will bring some malteser fudge to go with the coffee that LVis bringing fingers crossed for a good consultation..........tc......Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • JuliaHod12
    JuliaHod12 Member Posts: 456
    Hi Dee

I'll be there with my Jaffa Cakes

best of luck xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    I'll be there,will be bring some bacon virtues.Mig
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    I'll be there Dee, I hope all goes well, and you get some answers and relief.
    Thinking of you,
    Numpty
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Sorry I'm late Dee :( hope the appointment went well and you got answers to your questions and you feel alittle better about things.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I'm late too ( :oops: I apologise) but I hope you have been given an answer of some sort. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Another late one, deedee it must be driving you mad, I am so glad you have an appointment, and I do hope it a constructive one xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Sorry i'm really late

but i was in ya pocket truly

karen xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,900
    Hello Dee
    how did you get on i was there for you. i hope it went well.
    take care.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • deedeeitsme
    Thank you so much everyone for your support. It was much appreciated. The podiatrist actually said she had never seen anything like it :o , well I do like to be different :lol: . She gave me a thorough examination and said I have a significant loss of strenght in both legs but worse in my left one(the one with the dancing toes). She thinks that it is definitly neurological and that it stems from my lower back. She has written to my doctor with her findings but she has told me not to wait for the letter to arrive before seeing him but to make an appointment now and ask for a referral to a neuro on her recommendation. She also said she thinks I have some sort of inflammatory arthritis but as my bloods always come back clear and mri showed nothing it is just proving it. Anyhoo I have made an appointment to see my regular gp on tuesday evening (first available appointment with him) and see what he has to say, I need to speak to him about changing pain meds to stronger ones anyway. Sorry I took so long to get back to you all but I had no sleep again last night and zonked out when I got home from the appointment..

Thank you again for all your support x Dee x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hmm, curate's egg, methinks. It's good that she (and you) are getting things on the move re the 'dancing' toes and that sounds like a reasonable explanation to me (but I am not a doc). As for the arthritis side of things I wonder if a sero-negative form is the answer here? Appointments can take it out of you so have as restful and evening as you can manage - and I hope those toes behave. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • pinkbritishstars
    pinkbritishstars Member Posts: 731
    Hi Deedee

I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday and will be in your pocket.

Keep your chin up lovely

xxx
  • deedeeitsme
    Hi everyone, hope you are all keeping warm, its bloomin freezing, log burner blazing this morning :) .

DD...I agree there is some sort of arthritis raging in there but because it's not text book they are a bit blinckered(?) I am hoping that if I have to have more tests , which I think is inevitable, that they will get to the bottom of all this. My hands/arm have joined in the fun now, they feel really strange, sort of tight/pressure feeling. I am also getting a strange (stabbed with a needle) feeling in my hips so all fun here. My back is still really sore but that is normal for me :lol: . Anyway thank you for the advanced pocket duties for tuesday Pink, they are very much appreciated an anyone else who would like to join in with this charade is more than welcome, wrap up warm though Autumn is definitely here x Dee x