trudygodat Member Posts: 7
edited 27. Sep 2012, 11:08 in Living with Arthritis archive
Arthritis has affect my life :(

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Trudy

Unfortunately it effects all of our livers and can take so much off you but other things come along and help you to still have a life. I am not sure what type of arthritis you have but the folks here are very good at helping you to understand it as well as helping you to get through the bad patches. Nice to meet you. Cris x
  • rachelnaero
    rachelnaero Member Posts: 4
    hi trudy,

so seem really down in the dumps :( we all have days like that. i have to have a good cry every month and have a good "feel sorry for myself" moment, then i pick myself up and focus on what i can do and makes me feel good, for me this is going for a horse ride as i damned determined to not let my OA ruin that part of my life too!
    hope you feel better soon , i am new on here and it has helped me to blurt out my problems to people that truly understand what you mean.

take care, Rachel
  • knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    Hello Trudy

Welcome to the forum where you will find many people in the same situation.
    You don't say what type of arthritis you suffer from, but I've got OA and it's not fun. I do feel sorry for myself and angry when I want to do something I used to enjoy, but know I can't any more. I just have to accept it and find something else to do.

I haven't come to terms with it. particularly as I know it's not self inflicted. We look after ourselves in the best way possible and then BANG! My husband is wonderful, but my son takes the attitude of "putting a stiff upper lip on". It's trial and error with the medication and finding a doctor who is sympathetic. When I'm feeling particularly down I find music good, particularly if it LOUD and with a pulsating beat. My husband covers his ears!

You will find heaps of support on the forum, advice and laughter at times.

Janet xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Has it affected my life? Without a doubt. On the better days I can ignore it to a certain extent, on the not-so-good days it rules the roost. It's a constant presence but whenever possible I try to get on with things as best I can. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • chrissiewissie
    chrissiewissie Member Posts: 75
    Hi Trudy
    I agree with what the other guys have said. I'm pretty new to all this as well and you're bound to have good days and bad. It is frustrating when you can't do the things you want to or that you used to, but the only thing you can control is how you deal with what life throws at you.
    I've found that facing things head on and trying to keep a positive frame of mind does help (not just with illness but generally in life). Not always possible but it helps me deal with things, even when I feel rubbish!!
    I've just joined this forum and I've found everyone is really friendly and genuinely want to help and support each other, so consider this place as a friend when you need to vent or ask questions or find people with the same illness as that also really helps. :P
    Cx
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Hi Trudy

it has also affected my life , i'm still working and the fatigue got the better of me , so i went into the warehouse and fell asleep on a box :oops: :lol:

nice to meet you .
    karen xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hello Trudy
    welcome to this lovely forum. any worries just say some one will of had that.
    yes it's changed my life i have pain aching and a worn out feeling but i know there are a lot of worse people about and i have my scoota so i can take the dog for a walk.
    take care and try not to worry.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Hi Trudy,

It affects my life in many ways, it hurts, it limits and it leaves me wiped out. However, it's also taught me not to take things for granted, that I'm not a perfect machine that never fails and that life is for living, every moment of it. I know many people without arthritis who don't necessarily get those things and as much as arthritis is a pain in the *rse it has taught me things too. This might sound weird I guess, I just have a thing about finding silver linings, it makes the storm clouds of life easier to stand under!

LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter