Flying By

7worlds
7worlds Member Posts: 302
edited 29. Sep 2012, 17:52 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hey Gang. Waved my daughter off to France today.She,ll be gone for a year. She is doing French as part of her degree. I remember nursing her as a baby like it was yesterday and how she used to suck her thumb when she was sleepy. Im not sad at her leaving, just sad at how quickly she has grown up. :cry: Where do the years go,eh?

7Worlds

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh 7worlds, it is one of those key moments in life, isn't it? I shot off to Spain in similar circumstances in 1966 with never a backward glance.

I'm sure she'll have a great time and France isn't too far away. Don't invite her back - go out there to stay with her :)

Yes, they soon grow up. (Well, the females do :wink: )
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • 7worlds
    Hey Sticky. Your right. The world seems to be smaller now and thats a good thing. Am going to go and see her in Feburary. If will fly in.
    Oh 7worlds, it is one of those key moments in life, isn't it? I shot off to Spain in similar circumstances in 1966 with never a backward glance.

I'm sure she'll have a great time and France isn't too far away. Don't invite her back - go out there to stay with her :)

Yes, they soon grow up. (Well, the females do :wink: )
  • stickywicket
    Good thinking. That'll be something nice to look forward to.
    Steven Wright
  • creakyowl
    creakyowl Member Posts: 63
    This post took me back.

My eldest went to Spain for a year as part of her degree a few years ago. My husband took her out but I had my leg in plaster from a tendon repair and had to stay home.

We also all went out to visit in the Feb half term and saw "old" Spain, (she was in Salamanca and up till then I didn't really know quite where it was!). It was lovely and she grew up that year.

Unfortunately has never used a word of Spanish since I think but still has all the shoes and handbags!! Priorities. :lol:

creaky
  • stickywicket
    Salamanca is a beautiful old city, Creaky.
    Steven Wright
  • creakyowl
    creakyowl Member Posts: 63
    The one family memory of the trip was that I ate "trotter". I thought I was ordering something else and did find it a bit tough, I'll be honest. The kids were giggling and then the next day they told me. Katherine had known but thought it would be funny to let me eat it! :roll:

I also went right up on to the roof of the cathedral for the views, (absolutely stunning) but got a bit fearful of the route down and caused a bit of a tail-back!

I also got a pair of travelling slippers though, (very soft silk in a zipped pouch) which I still have and have never worn because they are too beautiful to use). I guess most people have something in that category that has remained unused, or is it just me?

creaky
  • 7worlds
    creakyowl wrote:
    This post took me back.

My eldest went to Spain for a year as part of her degree a few years ago. My husband took her out but I had my leg in plaster from a tendon repair and had to stay home.

We also all went out to visit in the Feb half term and saw "old" Spain, (she was in Salamanca and up till then I didn't really know quite where it was!). It was lovely and she grew up that year.

Unfortunately has never used a word of Spanish since I think but still has all the shoes and handbags!! Priorities. :lol:

creaky
    Hey Creaky. My daughter is in Avigion ( cant spell it!) in the south of France. It looks beautiful.
    7Worlds