yesterday

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 5. Oct 2012, 10:44 in Community Chit-chat archive
well was in so much pain (joints being good) tum let me know i should not have eaten a bit of garlic bread felt like had sword through back into tum had to get gp to call and let me know what pain med could take came home from work early part due to pain and also because they have taken dad in hospital he not been well since weekend thought was chest infection but might have been minor heart attack so all in all not the best day have had just letting off steam val
val

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Val I am so sorry about this.

Thinking of you - and of your Dad.

Lots love Tilly xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Oh Val, let off steam as much as you need. That sounds like a really tough day and I hope very much that today will be better for you and will bring better news about your Dad. Please let us know how you both are. I am thinking of you very much.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Sorry Val

Thinking of you and your dad .

karen xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Sorry about all this Val,sending mega hugs to all.Mig
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I'm very sorry to hear you had such a bad day yesterday. I hope today is much better, for you and your dad. I don't suppose the stress of having your dad poorly helps your condition, it's no good saying don't worry, because of course you will, how could you not. You let off all the steam you want, we'll listen, that's what we're here for.
    Please take care of yourself,
    Numpty
  • valval
    Options
    thankyou tilly,sticky,karen,mig and numpty well tum much better today meds kicked in so more able to cope dad well they have tweeked his meds both heart and insulin so hope this helps things keeping him tonight will see how he is tomorrow they think it a minor heart attack he not been right since getting stomach bug in august lets hope it all going to settle now will let you know how it goes scan tomorrow wonder how long will be before they sort me hope it sooner than later val
    val
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I hope so too, Val. I'll be with you tomorrow.
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Aww Val, you always have things to cope with, I wish you didn't! I'm glad things are looking up, I too shall be joining you tomorrow xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • Numptydumpty
    Options
    Val I'm pleased you feel better today, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. I hope you get your scan results quickly. I hope your dads meds help, and you get him home again soon.
    Take care,
    Numpty
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hi Val jut seen your post hope things goin fo you ok for you tomrrow and dad is doing well ......tc....let us know how you do....Marie
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Val
    I do hope your dad will be ok, and will have everything crossed for him, and your poor tum...must say my son has ibs, he can only have garlic in small doses in meals...but he cant have garlic bread ...I hope it eases very soon.x
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    Options
    well that was interesting did not have to drink the glupy stuf result made me feel sick watching others have it was painless but strange when they inject that stuff in arm and you feel like you are wetting your self (had to check after to convince my self had not lol) but just wait for results now dad out today they sorted his meds so fingers crossed all well now thanks all val
    val
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Good news about your Dad, Val, and I'm pleased it all went well. I hope the results are as good.
    Steven Wright
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,953
    Options
    Hello Val
    i'm pleased your dad is leaving hospital. i'm glad you've had your test.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • valval
    Options
    well they nearly did not let him out heart was racing again this morning they have changed his heart meds again and let him home he very glad about it lets hope he improves now val
    val
  • Numptydumpty
    Options
    I hope so Val, it's amazing what a difference being in you own home can make.
    Numpty
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Sorry I missed this, Val. What a worrying time you've been having! I hope that your Dad is feeling better and that the doctors will be able to help you too.
    Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • valval
    Options
    he still far from well to be honest with you i get the feeling his heart is worn out but can not say that to any one but all of you he still not right tried to go for short walk this morning but had to turn back as had to stop 3 times in couple of hundred yards have told mum to make appointment with GP he likes (always a wait) so they can find out what hospital have said now going to take my own advice and make me one to find out what all the tests show do i want to know not sure i do but do want rid of this pain joints not great because not been taking sulfa reg just could not stomach the stuff so can feel flare coming and that making me down need kick in bum will chill this weekend in warm got to help thanks again much appreciated val
    val
  • Numptydumpty
    Options
    Aaw Val, does that mean his new meds are not working, or maybe they need a bit more time? That's good advice to go see a doctor he likes, it should make it easier to talk and ask questions.
    It's good also that you are taking your own advice, and going to see a doctor yourself. I know you're not keen on going to the doctors, but sometimes it's necessary.
    I hope all goes well, and you both get some answers.
    Take care,
    Numpty
  • stickywicket
    Options
    You don't need a kick up the bum, Val. I can think of few people who need one less than you. What you need is a break - some good news for both you and your Dad. All this ill-health is wearing you down and you have enough to put up with to start off with.

I do hope Numpty's right and what your Dad needs is a little time for the meds to kick in - and probably for him to build up a little strength and stamina too if he's been having to lead a sedentary life for a while. However, getting the lowdown from the doc is a good idea. At least you'll know the score and can work from there.

As for you, I hope the news from your doc is good. Trying to juggle meds v stomach is a thankless task. Whichever we opt for seems like a bad idea when payback arrives. I do hope you can manage a quiet, lazy weekend in which stuff can recover a bit. ((()))
    Steven Wright