Trying to give stuff away

Options
JuliaHod12
JuliaHod12 Member Posts: 456
edited 12. Oct 2012, 03:04 in Community Chit-chat archive
:shock:

well me and old Fluffy have been having a bit of a clear out.........and decided we would offer selected items on a Free items page on Facebook.......
so, i duly took the pics and posted the details.........assuming someone might be glad of our bits.............not a bit of it!

Picky........... (yes the items are in used condition and may have a mark or two!)
Delivery......(no i cannot deliver it to you.......it is FREE after all!)
Collection.........(yes, you will have to come at a time convenient to me..again it is a FREE item!)

Grump over.............have a nice day! ;-)

Comments

• JuliaHod12
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Tody

Sorry, no artwork

Julia x
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    Hi Julia.Its just the same with the charity bags these days ,Picky doesnt even come close ,.Tody I have an oil painting signed something Cafny .??? o/h paid the princely some of £8 ... but it could be worth more :lol: Marrianne :)
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Julia

Did they ask if they could return items if not suitable :roll: :lol::lol:

Fowls xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Why not check to see if there is a 'Freecycle' scheme near you? Just google it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 3. Oct 2012, 12:33
    Options
    Why not check to see if there is a 'Freecycle' scheme near you? Just google it.

:lol: That was going to be my suggestion too, about 3 hours ago ........ but my niece arrived with her little 6 week old baby George, so had to go. :wink::D

We have advertised items on our local freecycle and all goes very quickly with a long queue! We often have laughs as to what people advertise to give away and what is collected. :roll:

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Tody wrote:
    JuliaHod12 wrote:
    Hi Tody Sorry, no artwork, Julia x
    What else have you got? Apart from artwork, I'm also interested in Food, have you got some?

If you want free food and ain't fussy, check out your local Freecycle, Todds, we regularly see opened packets and past the sell by date food advertised on our Freecycle...... and it is always collected. :shock: :roll:

Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • JuliaHod12
    Options
    sticky/ elna

i was registered with local Freecycle, but have found it easier to offer with pictures ;-)

anyway items claimed so far;

1x Large Cotton Rug
    1x Wooden Magazine Rack
    2x Tommy Walsh DIY books
    2x Cow Eggs Cups

still loads to go............ ;-)
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    We sold a print on a well known auction site and it went for 99p. Buyer came to collect as they lived in our town and then ummed and ahhhed because the shade of blue looked different to how it appeared in the photo we'd uploaded. After a good few minutes they decided that they would take it and then waited for their 1penny change from their pound coin! The print had originally cost us over £30 and was 6 months old so they did alright! I'd have rather have givenit away.
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    JuliaHod12 wrote:
    2x Cow Eggs Cups

Cow eggs?? :o Now I would love to see the size of those babies, I would need a whole load of soldiers for dipping!! ;)
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Julia..it always amazes me how strange some people can be...and it was so kind of you..must say I have never heard of local freecycle...so I am off to have a look...we need a clear out ...
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Glad stuff is starting to move Julia, when we did a similar thing it drove me & my OH mad!
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    Could have done with that cotton rug :lol::lol::lol:
  • RitaW
    RitaW Member Posts: 83
    Options
    When we were getting a new 3 piece suite we put our old one on freecycle.It was in vgc,not a mark on it and had been bought from Courts.We had people asking for photos and details etc but nobody wanted it.I couldn't believe it! We were giving it away after all.Sadly it had to be taken to the tip. :? I can only think the colour put people off. :? (it was green,a nice shade though)
    R.A. FMS IBS RLS IGD with honours.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I've got a couple of boxes of bran cereal that came through the post free which I don't want Tody. They need to be eaten by 12th Oct though.

If your request for food is because you are short of food do go to the Trussell trust and see if they can give you something. They are very busy at the moment with all these benefit cuts and sanctions but I'm sure they'd help.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elnafinn
    Options
    "OK, thank you very much for you advice. But I also like to receive food personally.
    I suppose that Freecycle thing is not very personal."

What do you mean, Todds? You go and knock on their door or meet the person at a mutually convenient place, so it is pretty personal, how personal do you wish to get? You can request for the "item(s)" to be left on their doorstep and they may well agree but this is not so usual and I agree not personal.

• tkachev
    Options
    Tody I have had a thought. Harvest festival is coming up. Are you old enough to put your name down for a parcel? You could ask someone to nominate you and a parcel would be delivered directly to your door.

elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elnafinn
    Options
    RitaW wrote:
    When we were getting a new 3 piece suite we put our old one on freecycle.It was in vgc,not a mark on it and had been bought from Courts.We had people asking for photos and details etc but nobody wanted it.I couldn't believe it! We were giving it away after all.Sadly it had to be taken to the tip. :? I can only think the colour put people off. :? (it was green,a nice shade though)

Hi Rita

I find it strange too that no one wanted it from Freecycle and what a shame having to take it to the tip. We have given furniture in the past to a local charity that came to collect, that helped people in need. Would there have been this type of alternative for you in the area where you live? Some charity shops take furniture now I believe as well.

Elna x

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Anything we want to get rid of we leave on the front wall or on top of the wheely bin. It never stays there long. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tkachev
    Options
    Tody wrote:
    tkachev wrote:
    Tody I have had a thought. Harvest festival is coming up. Are you old enough to put your name down for a parcel? You could ask someone to nominate you and a parcel would be delivered directly to your door.

elizabeth
    What sort of a tradition is this? Very interesting, I didn't know it existed.

I am actually not desperate for food.
    What I actually meant is that this is a great way of bonding.
    I'd go to my friends and quite literally scrounge.
    I don't expect you to understand - but when somebody gives me food I feel something inside, that is why for it is important to be personal.

I wasn't sure if you desired food or needed it but I think you like the social and sensory aspect of it.

e

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elnafinn
    Options
    If you have no idea what a Harvest Festival is then you did not go to school in the UK.

Eating food with someone else is bonding but if you go to a friends house and "quite literally scrounge" that to me is not bonding at all.

• elnafinn
    Options
    I am not Polish.

Tods, you ought to try giving occasionally instead of scrounging.

• Heryy052
    Heryy052 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Thanks for share nice information keep it up!!!
  • arfaitis
    arfaitis Member Posts: 155
    Options
    I have two electric recliners with the rise facility for the disabled, and a 3 seater settee which was made for us, because it has a higher seat.
    We are about to change them shortly and realised that we would need to get them disposed of, and I arranged with a local old folks home to have them, they snapped my hand off.
    Old pictures are used by old folks homes to repaint over the top of the old picture.
    I have no doubt that some of the stuff you wish to move, would fit in quite well in some residential homes.

Arfa