mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 8. Oct 2012, 10:32 in Community Chit-chat archive
I just get hate mail normally!.

Comments

• bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    My OH & I send little post it note love notes to each other, leave them in silly places like I love to leave them in his Sandwich Box. We also send love texts as well, it is sweet lovely fun.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Yes, I was about 16 and he was a creep. I legged it out of the library.

Mr SW & I used to send each other love letters when we were students and I was abroad. He doesn't do it anymore because we have lived together for 40 odd years. When we're apart we do tell each other we love each other by email but that's it. I don't think 'love letters' apply to people in our situation. If anyone else sent me one I would put it in the recycling bin - after I'd been revived.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    He was a creep because he lied about all sorts of things and also followed me round just looking at me.

Tody, I think women want to build up a relationship of trust and empathy before the love letters start.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Mr LV sent me endless love poems he had written whilst he was back in Australia sorting things out and waiting for the visa that would allow us to marry. They made his absence easier to cope with. I still get notes and poems now, I love it, he doesn't look like, or behave like, the kind of bloke who would send things like that, it is deeply personal and truly romantic. Thing is, these things can only be cherished if they come direct from the heart and therefore, if somebody sent you one out of the blue and you didn't really know them, I think it wouldn't quite be the same, it might even be embarassing.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    I just get hate mail normally!.

Ah Mell, I'm sure that's not true :!:
    Anyway, lots of us on here love you :D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • lancslass43
    lancslass43 Member Posts: 20
    Options
    My late husband never sent me a love letter but I still have the Valentine cards he sent me before we married 50 years ago... now a bit battered. He never sent me one after once we were married!!
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    My boyfriend used to leave me love notes 'can't wait to see you' followed by' can you hoover the front room for me and iron my clothes' (this was before I moved in). Honest and I've still got them,

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    When I was at school I had a few 'love letters' from boys declaring there love to me. And the 1st man I was proper 'in love' with the man before my OH wrote me a proper love letter after we had a fight and he had hit me for the 1st time, I had 'kicked him to the crub'! but the letter was so sweet and sincere and he had got me a bunch roses. How silly I was looking back for falling for that as he was physically abusive and the relationship lasted 3 months and I got a black eye before I got rid of him for good! The song 'love the way you lie' by Eminem is a reminder of that relationship to me.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    love letters are personal though Tody although 'just send me word' (love letters from the Gulag) is a lovely book and without printing the couples love letters their story would remain untold.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein