Charlie Parker

Options
LignumVitae
LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
edited 8. Oct 2012, 06:38 in Community Chit-chat archive
My crazy, dog controlling, swimming, storm loving cat, Charlie Parker died today. He was 1 and a half and got run over I think, making it back to my neighbour's yard.
He was named after the late, great jazz musician, nicknamed Yardbird and as if to live up to that spent his time eating bird food and sitting on bird tables. He was a character and a half, my first and I suspect last cat. Great fun and great at curling up with you.
I hope he's chasing mice and snapping at dogs wherever he might be.
Hey little fighter, things will get brighter

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm so sorry, LV. He sounds to have been a great character who packed a lot into his short life. I'm sure you'll miss him a lot. I know I did ours.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I'm sorry LV, it's sad when a loved pet dies, and very hard when a cat is run over.
    Numpty
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    How sad.Pets are like proper Family members.Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Aw LV
    I am sorry, bless we do miss them...we have had a few cats...and dogs the house always seems that much quieter when they go .
    Like you say lets hope he is enjoying whatever he is doing xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Sorry to hear that LV he sounded a lovely wee cheeky chappie I am sure he will be sorely missed..........Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Thank you everybody, your words are really touching. Charlie Parker turned up when life had dealt me some bad blows and through learning how to care for him I learned it wasn't all so bad after all and I could do ok. As he grew and developed so did my confidence. The resulting cat that emerged from the naughty kitten was quite a handful at times, could purr like a motorbike and was always full of love and silly moments! He was like a member of the family, even the dogs curled up with him if he so demanded! lV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    I'm very sorry to hear that you have lost your lovely cat, LV. I know how upsetting it is when a cat gets run over as my beautiful cat, Sophie, was killed on a very quiet road several years ago. We'd had her ten years, from being a tiny abandoned kitten, so it broke my heart when she died.

Your Charlie brought you so much, and I'm sure he will never be forgotten by you.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • RitaW
    RitaW Member Posts: 83
    Options
    So sorry to hear of the loss of your dear cat.We have 3 of them(along with 2 dogs) in the house.They are all indoor cats but I worry so much about them.It's so sad when we lose a much loved pet.I am thinking of you.x
    R.A. FMS IBS RLS IGD with honours.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I'm sorry LV that it took me a while to say how so sorry that you lost your cat in such a horrible way, it brought back all the emotions I felt after losing my bubba, and I know you will be feeling them to about losing Charlie Brown. My OH believes cats go to a cat heaven and they get to chase birds and lie and sleep on comfy beds. He thinks it would be like the cravendale adverts! Which I think is a lovely way to think of them.