Mr LV is a big softie!

Options
LignumVitae
LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
edited 9. Oct 2012, 09:14 in Community Chit-chat archive
The early demise of Charlie Parker hit this house hard, my youngest dog went into a state, crying in his sleep, not leaving our sides, insisting on cuddles and standing at Charlie Parker's grave on the hill.

For this reason (ahem, honest, just for the dog) Mr LV arrived home with two rescue kittens on Saturday. Tabby and white, 14 weeks old, brother and sister who had to be rehomed because their owner became very ill. They are a ball, Dizzy Gillespie and Billie Holliday are settling in like they own the place and Dizzy couldn't care that there are three big dogs, Billie is less sure than her brother and is taking a bit longer to get to know dogs, fish are more fun in her book. They aren't Charlie Parker but I doubt there will ever be another cat who needs towelling down after playing in storms, they are a good laugh and very sweet though.

So, that was just to placate the dog. Nothing to do with Mr LV himself. I do love a tough man!
Hey little fighter, things will get brighter

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Aaw, it's nice to know he thinks so much of your dogs. :lol:
    I do think it's the right thing to do though, and having two together will mean they settle in much easier.
    I hope you have many happy years with their company.
    All the best,
    Numpty
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    What a big softie,hope they settle in .Mig
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    You have done such a good deed, it's brought a tear to my eye! ( ok I'm sobbing like a baby! :cry: ) it's so lovely! I'm sure the terrible 2 will love you, the dogs and the fish! Dizzie & Billy will help fill the space in the house but they will never replace Charlie Brown, nothing will do that. Myself & my OH had the chat of do we or don't we get another cat? And we decided that we will get our traveling out the way 1st then we might get another cat.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    LV, shame on you for calling a tough guy a big softie :oops:

As the alpha male of the household, Mr LV would feel it necessary to replace one male with another, especially if a male dog was also suffering as a result of poor Charlie Parker’s accident. Also, it would have been profitable to bring in the new male’s sister to ensure that he settled well and thus the male domination could continue smoothly.

So, all this behaviour is entirely rational and sensible and wholly uncontaminated by a more emotional, female approach to the problem. (Bless him :wink: )

(I take it this is jazz-loving household? Just a wild guess.)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options
    Oh the poor poor Dog :(

I am so glad that your husband was such a sweetie and solved the problem straight away.

This hapened to me when one of our cats was run over many years ago - they pine so badly sometimes :(

The 'cure' in that case was also another wee kitten :D

Our latest puss, Daisycat has her Daddy wrapped well and truly around her tail for sure :wink: .

I hope you enjoy every minute of having them as kittens :D

love

Toni xxx
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Ahhh I understand now Sticky! Thank you for enlightening me, I should have known that the tough act was actually leading the behaviour. Partly a love of jazz (I used to be a saxophonist til I realised I was working whilst other were partying and that could never do) and partly my conviction that all cats are actually American and into jazz. I don't know why.

Cats and dogs are quite quickly aclimatising to each other and I am hopeful that they will soon all be curled up together. The two ring tailed lemurs (I'm sure they are monkeys and not cats) have certainly cheered the mourning dog up or at least distracted him from his grief, he still keeps standing by Charlie's grave but I think that's quite nice of him (another big softie really).
    LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    all cats are actually American and into jazz.
    A fascinating topic for discussion. I don't think our Siamese was a Yank though she shouted loud enough and often enough. I'm not sure which type of music she preferred but she hated any perfume and loved to settle in Mr SW's armpit. Interpret that please :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    L.V I think you dog stands by Charlies grave to protect him as he did in life. So that's really sweet. And I agree with you about Cats being American and into Jazz! I always picture them in a version of Guys & Dolls! But thats my mad mind I think! I learn more about you everyday LV! You used to play the Sax and into Jazz! I do like Jazz music and that's why we went to new Orleans 2 years ago at the start of our cruise, where not there long enough to see around there but the feel of the place was electric! I played the Chello when I was at school.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    All cats are American? Nah. The snootiness and general disdain with which they regard the humans around them would indicate that they are upper class English. Dogs however, well, that is a different proposition. They are ridculously pleased by very little - that's a Yank all over. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • RitaW
    RitaW Member Posts: 83
    Options
    Aww I hope your dog stops pining soon.Am sure the cats will give him something to take his mind of his loss.My old dog Charlee pined so much when his mother died,I thought I was going to lose him too. :cry: I bought another puppy a few months later and they made great friends.Sadly both are now also gone. :cry: But they had great long happy lives. I now have 2 other dogs (terriers) both with very different personalities and 3 cats all from the same litter (2 boys and a girl) :) It's a mad house sometimes but I wouldn't be without them. :) x
    R.A. FMS IBS RLS IGD with honours.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Awe LV bless what a lovely OH you have, the kittens sound great fun and sounds just the tonic everyone needs even the dogs, and of course Charlie Parker will always have a place in your heart...............Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles