"it's very different" said hubby

Options
knuckleduster
knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
edited 10. Oct 2012, 20:07 in Community Chit-chat archive
Now, what did my husband mean by "it's very different" :roll: . You see I've been to the hairdressers and instead of my usual colour and style I had it done differently. It's now very red looking and I've had my locks scrunched instead of blow dried. Does "it's very different" mean he likes it or not?
But, at least, he did notice :) .

What shall I have done next? Perhaps a tattoo or a piercing or two?

Janet x

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Now, what did my husband mean by "it's very different" :roll: . You see I've been to the hairdressers and instead of my usual colour and style I had it done differently. It's now very red looking and I've had my locks scrunched instead of blow dried. Does "it's very different" mean he likes it or not?
    But, at least, he did notice :) .

What shall I have done next? Perhaps a tattoo or a piercing or two?

Janet x

he not decided yet it was shock and he will let you know when he not at arms lenth lol :o :oops:
    val
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    I have red hair and it is curly so I think you will look fab! He is probably over-awed by how fantastic you are as a red head. May I suggest a bright red lipstick to go with it?

I do like my piercings (used to have them all up my ears only got two ear ones and my tummy one left and not sure how far through pregnancy the tummy will last) so would recommend those but they can be sods to heal. I love my tattooes too, I'm very proud of them all. See, being red is access all areas and go as wild and different as you like!

Enjoy it, you look beautiful and fantastic!
    xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Yip I think he is still making his mind up, but if you like it...must say it does sound lovely...I was going to have my nose pierced last year but back out... :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I think he meant you are original and unique, and he is so pleased, he will buy you a gift. (If he knows which side his bread is buttered)
    It sounds absolutely lovely!
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    There's always this year Barbara!xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    'It's very different' means I really don't care what you do with it but I'd better not say that and, being a bloke, I prefer things to stay comfortably the same. Well, it does in this household. Do it for yourself, knuckleduster, not for him. That way at least one of you is happy :)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • knuckleduster
    Options
    I'm certainly feeling very happy with the new style and it must be bouncy because I went for a walk with my reading glasses perched on top of my head and never noticed them until I stopped to talk to a friend :oops: . I felt an odd sensation on my head and put my hand up thinking a creepy crawlie had dropped from a tree onto my head and lo and behold found my glasses :roll: . Good job I hadn't searched high and low in the house for them, I would have felt a right idiot if my husband had said "they're on your head."

Janet x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    There's always this year Barbara!xx
    ooh knows...sorry about the pun...I might just go for it,,,gosh my GC would be in fits.... :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Again 'the brains' SW is who I agree with! I'm a natural dark Brunnette and now I have the evil greys coming through I decided to go shocking red! like how Rhianna's was. And it was a big change when the hairdresser started drying it even my own jar dropped how Red it was. But all the other hairdressers gathered round and said how lovely it looked. So I was pleased with myself. When I got in the car my OH did a double take and I said 'what do you think, you like?' He looked at me and said 'It's different!' It's only now this week 2yrs on since I started having it done red he has said ' Don't like your hair red go similar to your natural colour!!' So yes it's husband talk for ' I don't give a hoot what you do' or 'nope, don't like it', but better not say that till I'm in another room if I want to keep a full mouth of teeth! I used to have my nose pieced and he said when he saw it 'well that's different!'.
  • rugbygirl
    rugbygirl Member Posts: 691
    Options
    My husband is very good at compliments If he likes it he will tell me. If he doesnt though he tends to use 'its different'.

Recently I dyed my hair blonde (I'm naturally Brunnette with lots of grey). I used to have a purple fringe and I asked hubby if I should do it again. He loves it and now along with that and all my tattoos and piercings I am certainly not someone to be messed with (according to my work colleagues who think I'm scary).
    Jakib0644.gif
  • knuckleduster
    Options
    A purple fringe rubygirl - sounds interesting. I think my husband would put the tea cosy on my head if I came home with a different coloured fringe.
    Even my son said "it's different" so I haven't had any positive feedback from the family yet. Shall probably see our daughter at the weekend and she isn't backwards in saying what she thinks :lol: .

Thank you for your comments everyone, enjoy the rest of the week.

Janet x
  • RitaW
    RitaW Member Posts: 83
    Options
    I changed my normal hairstyle (shoulder length) to short at the hairdressers a few weeks ago to keep it more manageable.When my husband picked me up,I asked him if he liked it,to which he replied "do you like it" I said I did,so he said he liked it but I'm still not sure if he is just agreeing with me to keep the peace. :D
    R.A. FMS IBS RLS IGD with honours.