Cheaper stamps.

Options
Airwave!
Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
edited 11. Oct 2012, 16:42 in Community Chit-chat archive
Just a quick note, if you are on any benefits then you can get discounted stamps from the Post Office over the Christmas period, oh dear, did I say that word......xmas!!

Information came from a leaflet dropped through the letter box, so it must be true!

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    We got our leaflets today too but it's not ALL benefits - just Pension Credit, ESA and Incapacity Benefit. They will be at last year's prices. Just google it for more details.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Thanks for the info Airwave..I wont get it but it will help many Im sure...I hope you are keeping wellish x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Airwave!
    Options
    Oh I hope someone gets some discounted stamps, it's always good to hear from friends and family at &ma* (that word again! HUMBUG!!!!).
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Thanks for that info Airwave. :) I shall not benefit but I did buy loads of second class stamps before the increase so cards are and will be sent, at christmas time too. I think it is now the time for me to cull my christmas card list though and send some electronically especially to those that I do not wish to delete but only hear from once a year and then enclosing no news.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • Airwave!
    Options
    Regarding xmas cards, I suppose you're looking at a cost of about £1 each, at least including cards, envelopes, stamps and travel to postbox.

The Post Office sure know how to kill off their seasonal trade and downgrade their own business don't they!
  • knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    Options
    No cheaper stamps for me I'm afraid and I'm always moaning about the cost of postage. I've always thought Royal Mail could reduce the cost of stamps at Christmas as thousands and thousands of cards are posted and they must be making a profit out of us. I can remember the days when locally the Scouts would post cards for a donation. Does anyone else remember this?

Janet x
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,938
    Options
    Hello Airwave
    yes we had the paper as well.
    i wonder who's idea it was to do that.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • scribbler
    scribbler Member Posts: 54
    Options
    I stock up on stamps just before the price increases. I also send as much stuff as possible by email. So I've still got a couple of Christmas stamps left from last year! I reckon I could give Scrooge a few tips on thrift! :mrgreen: