Possible Job loss in pipeline

Options
nonaproxin
nonaproxin Member Posts: 53
Hi to all.

I need some advice regarding employment law...specific to contract of Employment "breach".

My employer is saying (in a very round about way).That if my condition, OA ,does not improve to the level where I can resume my full week (to fulfill my contractual agreement hours). I will have to find another job...I am only seven hours a week short of the target, and said that I thought that it would be a reasonable adjustment to facilitate my Disability , if I where to work this "slightly shorter week". HR doea not agree, stating I am employed to do a full time job and I must therefore do my full contractual hours...they are making all the right noises regarding "looking for something more suitable for me to do within the company" but this I think is all flannel
and I truly think they will bin me if they can get away with it !!.
THEY REDUCED A RECEPTIONISTS WORKING WEEK BY ONE DAY A FEW YEARS AGO..WHEN SHE HAD OA...and my Useless Union rep said ...yes but the other girls could cover her job for one day a week....but you are the only one doing your job....this I feel is wrong as when I go on holiday the job has always been covered ..so that's as crap as well....I just think I am a thorn in the companies side ..and they want rid !!!

Comments

• Rallymad
    Rallymad Member Posts: 84
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hiya
    I am kinda in the same boat as yourself (in roundabout way). Get back to your union and tell them you want someone more able to argue the toss, you are paying them after all!! Your condition is covered by the Equality Act 2010, make waves, tell them that you are going to take advice on this, speak to someone at CAB. Does your work have an occupational health dept? If so get in touch with them, they have got to be seen to make reasonable adjustments to help you remain in employment. Let me know how you get on
    Take care x
  • christinac47
    christinac47 Member Posts: 102
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Rallymad wrote:
    Hiya
    I am kinda in the same boat as yourself (in roundabout way). Get back to your union and tell them you want someone more able to argue the toss, you are paying them after all!! Your condition is covered by the Equality Act 2010, make waves, tell them that you are going to take advice on this, speak to someone at CAB. Does your work have an occupational health dept? If so get in touch with them, they have got to be seen to make reasonable adjustments to help you remain in employment. Let me know how you get on
    Take care x
    sorry to hear about this proplem am going to see an occupational health dept from work because they need more information incase they are not doing enought for me but am worried its because they want rid of me but just dont want to say anything