On the countdown.

Options
katekelly
katekelly Member Posts: 975
edited 12. Oct 2012, 04:53 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well I'm on the countdown to having my sigmoidoscopy this afternoon. I'll be glad when it's over so I can eat again-I can't remember the last time I was this hungry. I asked my Husband if he remembered me ever being this hungry and he said 'yes last time you had it done!'. So folks what delights shall I have on my return this evening? Steak and chips? Fish and chips or maybe a nice pasta dish? But the one thing I crave more than anything right now is some milk in my tea!!
So then, what food would you crave after a clear fluid diet? What's quick, easy and very tasty? Also ideas for next week when I get home after having my teeth out -think that might need to be mushy in texture!!

Kate x

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Fried egg and chips, I know it's not healthy, but it's my favourite :D
    How about some home made vegetable soup, with some nice bread, for after your visit to the dentist?
    Good luck with everything,
    Numpty
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    kf* for me if we had one. now teeth well scrambles eggs, rice pudding, soup,fish pie, jelly and blamonge(spell checker could not find lol) good luck
    val
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    A nice fillet steak with all the trimmings for me Kate, and for after the dentist some carrot and parsnip soup..........good luck for this afternoon.............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Good luck for this afternoon, Kate. I hope that everything will go well for you.

I think I would crave steak (medium rare) and chips after being starved like that, preferably cooked by someone else. It always tastes better when someone else cooks it, and also clears up afterwards.

After the dentist, srambled egg with some grated cheese in it would be quick and tasty, but soft on the gums.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Whenever I've had to starve for endoscopy, colonoscopy or any other oscopy it has to be toast, as the important thing is speed. Last time, I had two slices before I could even consider what I wanted to eat. (And I don't have a huge appetite normally :roll: )
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Fish fingers, chips, frozen peas. Or roast chicken (just that, no veg). Or a prawn dansak with plain boiled rice. Or Mr DD's prawn, chilli and noodle stir-fry. Or all of them one after the another. Good luck and happy eating! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • RitaW
    RitaW Member Posts: 83
    Options
    Definately steak and chip and peas with peppercorn sauce.After having 2 teeth out with sedation,one of which was a wisdom tooth I had hotdogs :D
    R.A. FMS IBS RLS IGD with honours.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,444
    Options
    Ooooh Kate :shock:

are you ok??? :?

Toni xxx
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    Hi Toni,

All done and I'm fine! Even went out for the evening afterwards! Wasn't that bothered by food when I got home I'd had toast in the hospital and then a baked potato for tea! But the best bit is I lost nearly 4 lbs so now ready for the wedding. What with an empty belly and hold it in knickers I'll have the flattest tummy I've had in years! Let the party begin!!

Love Kate x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,444
    Options
    Nice one Kate :lol:

Look at you there with your flat stomach

glamour16.bmpWell done for coping so well though seriously :?

Love

Toni xxx