From the mouths of babes

Options
7worlds
7worlds Member Posts: 302
edited 15. Oct 2012, 05:22 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hey gang. Have had a pretty tricky week so far. My 11 yr old daughter fell in school while doing P.E. She broke her collarbone pretty badly and she is in a lot of pain. Spent the day in casualty and now im doing what Mums do as she cant manage to do anything for herself. As she is the size and weight of me, this has,nt been easy. But despite the pain she is in she said to me "now i know what it must be like for you when you are sore, Mummy. Bless her wee heart. I would suffer Arthritis 100 times over rather than have her in pain.

7Worlds

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That must have come as a nasty shock for both of you, 7worlds. I don't know the broken collarbone routine. What can she/can't she do? I do hope you don't have to do any weightlifting. I guess, if she's normally fighting fit, it will give her some idea of what incapacity coupled with pain is like. I'm sure we all want to protect our children from harm and pain and bad stuff and yet......and yet it's the only way I ever learn anything of value. It's an odd world.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Bless her,hope she feels better soon.Wouldn't we all take our childrens pain if we could but that's being a mother,hugs to both.Mig
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    What a comment! What a little love! I hope she recovers soon and you manage with your extra duties. Good luck to you both, LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Awe bless 7worlds what a little star she is, sorry to hear about her mishap, yes it must be a very trying time for you at the moment, are there any other people in your household that would be able to take some of the strain from you, obviously if you overdo it you will be of no help to her, hope things improve quickly for you..............tc...........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • 7worlds
    Options
    Thanks everyone. My husband is helping too but she needs help with the loo and washing and stuff. It took me back a bit because i always thought i hid it well with her. She knows i have Arthritis and every now and again i dissapear off to hospital and what have you, but she obviously sees more than i give her credit for. I never wanted to worry her. Its hard to know if you are doing the right thing sometimes.

7Worlds
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    She sounds like a very caring little girl. I hope she heals well, and is soon feeling much better.
    Numpty
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I really hope she recovers well hun..
    She sounds a wonderful young girl.. Bless her..
    X
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • RitaW
    RitaW Member Posts: 83
    Options
    Hope your daughter recovers soon and is soon mended.x
    R.A. FMS IBS RLS IGD with honours.
  • 7worlds
    Options
    Thanks Numpty, Tony and Rita. She is feeling a bit brighter today.

7Worlds
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Bless her precious heart. I hope she has a speedy recovery. She sounds like a very empathetic girl, clearly you've done a good job with her. :wink: x
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    I hope your daughter recovers quickly. How sweet of her to think of you when she was so obviously in pain. Take care.
    Christine
  • 7worlds
    Options
    Thanks Starburst and Applerose. Things are getting better with her day by day.

7Worlds