Bubble n Squeak

Options
LignumVitae
LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
edited 18. Oct 2012, 04:36 in Community Chit-chat archive
At the risk of boring you all senseless I thought I'd give a quick update...
I had a dating scan on Monday (and got pictures hooray). Bubble and Squeak are 13 weeks now and doing very nicely. The good news is that Squeak, who was a bit small has grown in size and is now equal to Bubble which is really pleasing to know. They were dancing away on the scan, waving arms and legs so that was amazing to see and very reassuring after the last few weeks.

I managed a day back in the office yesterday which was tiring but good. I'm working from home mainly until the fatigue symptoms die away which my midwife promised wont be long now. Sickness is still there but marmite seems to be helping. My belly is growing which is taking some getting used to but I hope I will soon not find it odd looking down and seeing a belly!

So, this is the beginning of trimester two, the 'honeymoon period' not as much fun as I was hoping but there's time yet! I'm much calmer about it all after seeing them again and them being OK. The worries of bleeds had got me into quite a neurotic tizz but I am deeply hopeful that has passed and if I am careful, all will now be well. Either way, they are both well and that is really all that matters!!
Hey little fighter, things will get brighter

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Not boring at all, in fact quite lovely.
    I'm really pleased it's all going well, and that you are feeling more at ease.
    I had my last baby 22 years ago, I still see a belly when I look down though :lol:
    Please keep us posted,
    Numpty
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    They didn't do routine scans when I had my babies,I have scan pictures of my grandchildren,it must be lovely.Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    They were dancing away on the scan, waving arms and legs

It's the creaking band! They're either thoroughly enjoying it or begging us to stop :lol:

It's great that you're all doing so well. It's not boring at all. I don't think we've had forum twins before and I, for one, want to know all about them.

The middle trimester is usually the quiet one. Well, it was for me. Then you get the ante-natal shelf - so useful for resting your glass on. Enjoy it!
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi LV
    This is not at all boring,I for one love to hear your updates, I think the last one to do this was our Jenzie, hope I have it right..and when her little boy was born we all had a party :D so these are the first forum twins.
    So I will be looking forward to the updates on bubble and squeak..you take care of yourself xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    Options
    Lovely to hear you and the babies are doing well. Glad to hear you are a marmite fan, there are not many of us about.

Keep up the good work.

Janet x
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    Thank you everybody! I shall keep you all updated.

My Mum requested a copy of the photos, she hadn't had them with my brother or me and wanted her first copy of Bubble and Squeak's first 'school photos'! My Grandma was less encouraging and strangely told me not to display them or keep them for very long. She is renowned for her cheerful attitude and advice though. She also asked me, when told the good news, what Mr LV was going to do now. I hesitated to explain to an 83 year old the birds and the bees and that he couldnt really do much now! Not sure what she meant with that one.

Marmite is queen in this house, there is a constant battle where Mr LV tries to tell me that the cheap and nasty alternative of vegemite is better! A mere pretender to the yeast extract crown in my opinion. :D
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Definitely marmite not vegemite.

I suspect your grandmother may be expecting Mr LV to get crackinmg on making a second cradle :o My brother & sister were unexpected twins (well, one of them was) back in the 30s and my brother spent his first few weeks in a drawer. (Lined with blankets and not closed :lol: )
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Well Done LV

And congratulations .Glad the marmite is working , wish i had known that , Keep up the good work and keep us posted .Love the names bubble and squeak :)

karen .
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,444
    Options
    Lovely to hear your update Lignumvitae

:D

t61058.gif

Sorry about the queasiness - I do think it's worse with twins - mine weren't, but I do understand.

Oddly enough I detest marmite, but did quite like it when I was pregnant too....the only things that helped my sickness was plenty plenty plenty of sleep and mints/fruit pastels :roll:

Love

Toni xxx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Thats great news LV so pleased all going well can't wait for "bubble an squeak" to be born to join in the party..........tc..........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    It's really wonderful to hear of your twins' progress, LV.

As you may know, I'm a mother of twins, but I didn't bring them into this world. We adopted them when they were eight weeks old (a boy and a girl). We felt as though we'd won the lottery twice over as we were so lucky to have two such beautiful babies.

When they were older, they made contact with their birth-mother, and we are all very good friends now. We say that we have all played our part; she gave birth to them, and we have brought them up. My son had two mothers at his wedding, both of us shedding tears of happiness :D

All the very best of luck with your pregnancy, and I look forward to hearing about the arrival of Bubble and Squeak in due course. Then the fun will begin :!: :D
    Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    Joan,

That was really beautiful, what an amazing set up and how loving and wonderful. You made me cry which may just have been the hormones but could also have been because that is such a special situation. Thank you!

LV xx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Oh dear, LV, I didn't mean to make you cry :!:

It was a very special situation as the adoption society hadn't placed any twins for 16 years when ours came along. Also, we only had one week's notice that we were getting them. The social worker said,''It's Thursday today, so could you have them home next Thursday?'' Panic ensued for the next week, as you can imagine.

Then came the day which seemed almost unreal; we walked into an office and were handed two beautiful babies! They fell asleep in the car on the way home, and suddenly I thought, ''What am I going to do when they wake up?''
    Somehow, I muddled through, although I'm not sure how! :D

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Good morning Lignumvitae
    Good to hear your feeling better in mind and soul
    as for your belly ill bet Your looking beautiful just beaming
    you take care glad all is well
    Colin XXX
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    Good Morning Colin,

Thank you, that is beautiful although I don't feel that way all the time at the mo, it's taking some getting used to!

I was only wondering how you were yesterday evening and I'm so pleased to see that you are back. How are you? I hope you are better and are coping OK now, life must seem like it has hit you like a hurricane.

LV xx