Charity Concert in Fife

rheumforafiddler
rheumforafiddler Member Posts: 4
edited 16. Oct 2012, 13:21 in Young people's community
Hi there,
I am a 26 year old living with rheumatoid arthritis in Fife. When I was diagnosed around 5-6 years ago I was offered a lot of help from groups like Joint Potential and was also involved with the new teen mentoring system for "rheum for teen support" which helps newly diagnosed youngsters.
I am now fighting fit thanks to great meds and I play fiddle in an orchestra called Fife Strathspey and Reel Society.
Every year we do a big concert and choose a charity to support where all the proceeds go. This year I nominated Arthritis Care and the work they do with young people so we will be trying to raise as much money as possible for them.
If anyone is interested in coming to the concert it would be fantastic to see you. It is an evening of Scottish Music with the orchestra, a solo fiddle player and a singer with some dancers too. It is held in the Adam Smith Theatre in kirkcaldy and tickets are £10 and £8 for concessions. It's on November the 3rd at 7.30pm

Hopefully we can give back and help the charity continue to do great work. For any newly diagnosed young people out there, fear not. I was once a bit depressed about it all and all puffy and swollen for around 2 years but now i've found the meds that work for me, I work full time as a dentist and after not being able to play my fiddle for 2 years I can now play as long as I like with no pain! So there is a light at the end of the tunnel :D