25 year warranty on a frying pan

Options
knuckleduster
knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
edited 18. Oct 2012, 05:51 in Community Chit-chat archive
Have just bought a smart new frying pan with a 25 year warranty on.
As I reached the big 60 earlier this year, I think the frying pan will be the last one I will need to buy :D. All I need to decide now is who to leave it to in my will :roll:

On a more serious note how can I mend my lovely son's broken heart? He has had a traumatic nine months with his girlfriend and it now looks like the parting of the waves. And it breaks my heart too just to see how utterly miserable he is :( .

Janet x

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Aaw Janet, I'm afraid you can't mend his broken heart, only time will do that. As much as it pains you, all you can really do, is be there for him.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I reckon Mr DD could invalidate that warranty with his first use of said pan. As for your son I have no wise words - it's one of those things that we all go through and learn from. It's tough tho, no doubt about that. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Sorry Janet, to hear about your son, the best you can do is be there for him. I fully understand because he is so upset it is breaking your heart too. They are always our little children, aren't they, whatever their age and when they are suffering we suffer too.

Regarding the pan, it is fine having a 25 year warranty until something goes wrong with it and the company have gone bust! :wink:

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    Oh Janet

I am so sorry aout your son. My daughter has just split up too at 17 and a half :( First love it was and very very traumatic. Mind you with all the suffering in recent weeks I am glad it is over now.

The only way is up?

Has to be.

I keep snivelling for her and turning over the radio when sad songs come on :oops:

(((()))) for YOU

Love

Toni xxx
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Hi K D what he needs is to go on a long holiday with another close mate to take his mind off of things, back packing in Oz or Asia something that you only do once in a life time, go to Camboida and see the Buddhist temples of Angkor wat or the cave Buddha’s cave Buddha’s of Chiang Mai in Thailand, how about the plain de jars in Laos the land of a million elephants!, maybe a ride across Europe on a motor bike or in a car, do a road trip that's what he needs to do get out in the world to bring his faith and meaning back to him!, after all it will take his mind off things and actually being single has made it possible so take the opertunity and do it while you can as there's a world out there and he hasn't got OA or RA so do it while he's fit and can!.
    Sorry rant mode turned off!.

PS as for that frying pain K D check out what it covers I bet it doesn't include the none stick coating, they never do!
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    Cook him some good meals on your new frying pan.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Unfortunately, there's no such thing as a 25 year warranty on a relationship as there is with your frying pan, Janet. I wish there was as I've been through similar heartache with my son. There isn't much you can do except be there to pick up the pieces and help him to realise that it isn't the end of the world, even if it sometimes feels like that.

Mel's advice to travel or do something completely different from usual is good as it would take his mind off his troubles. In the meantime, Ichabod's advice to cook him some good meals is a good idea too as it will help to keep up his strength.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    Options
    Many thanks for the advice everyone. Unfortunately he can't go travelling as he has recently started a new job. He enjoys going for a yomp (obviously not the correct spelling) along the side of our local canal and that usually clears his head of any worries so hopefully he will do that this coming weekend.

Yes, I shall certainly cook him something tasty in my new pan.

Janet xx
  • arfaitis
    arfaitis Member Posts: 155
    Options
    We bought one yesterday, more a griddle pan than a frying pan, it too has a 25 years warranty, the Teflon coating has only got 5 years on it.
    Always use silicone utensils on Teflon coated kitchen utensils.
    There is no answer to your son's problem, only time will heal.

Arfa