Hip Injection

Options
pennypooh38
pennypooh38 Member Posts: 6
edited 19. Oct 2012, 05:44 in Community Chit-chat archive
I had an injection into my hip socket yesterday and it was so painful, I cried in theatre and recovery. The nurse said they had gone in at a funny angle and it was bleeding a lot. Worse thing I was told it may not work and if it does maybe only for 3 months as they need to rule out options as it may be my back

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Pennypooh38, and welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will find the lovely people here very helpful and supportive.
    Poor you, that injection sounds dreadful. I don't have any experience or knowledge of this so can't really help. If you move this thread to Living With Arthritis Forum, I'm sure you will get more replies, as more people "hang out" there.
    All the best,
    Numpty
  • pennypooh38
    pennypooh38 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    thank you I will
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    OH Penny poor you :(

If it works well sometimes they can last longer than that so I will cros fingers that you are one of the lucky ones :) .

Lovely to meet you

Toni xxx
  • knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    Options
    Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with your hip injection. I had one done in 2010 along with hip manipulation and my surgeon insisted on a general anaesthetic. He likes his patients to be out cold so they don't move.

Hope you are feeling better now.

Janet x