North Staffs hospital pain clinic or Walsall pain clinic?

Options
merri
merri Member Posts: 190
edited 19. Oct 2012, 10:17 in Living with Arthritis archive
Has anyone had any experiences? There isn't a pain clinic in my area, so I've tried looking a bit further away. The GP is happy to refer me to either, though they may choose not to accept his referral.

Thanks,

merri

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sorry, can't help, merri. I hope someone else can.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    Hi Merri,

I am local to stafford and did ask my GP for referral to the pain clinic on my physio's advice. Unfortunately I think she might have misunderstood and I have been referred to pain management in Stafford instead. Not that I have had any success getting an appointment due to massive waiting lists!

So, sorry, I can't help either but I am interested to hear other's experiences should I ever get referred to pain clinic.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    My MIL has used the pain clinic held at Cannock and had a very good experience (part of Stafford).

Stoke is a nightmare to get to for me merri :? and haven't they got noro-virus(sp) ATM??? Haven't been to Walsall for years so can't judge.

Sorry probably not much help :oops:

Love

Toni xxx
  • merri
    merri Member Posts: 190
    Options
    thanks stickwicket :)

frogmorton - oops! The people who ran the PM course I went on also run Stafford, I must admit that the course was fab. I thought of Stoke as they seem to have a specific pain clinic rather than it being tacked on IYSWIM? I really don't have a clue tbh :lol:

frogmella - that's my local hospital but they don't have a pain clinic any more :( Glad that your MIL found it good though :)
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    Merri - good to hear that the PM course is good - I could do with the mental side help I think. I will keep waiting! :)