Options
2»

Comments

• elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Jo

I know Wrightington is the best place for joint replacement surgery so im in the best hands....I see Mr Raut who has been lovely as has the anaesthetist who was lovely (hope I get him on thursday, would pay extra to guarantee him)...
    Thanks for sending me a nice message...Im trying to get my head in good frame, its a good thing thats happening to me not bad!

Elainexx
    Jo90 wrote:
    Hi Elaine
    Just wanted to say good luck and focus on the outcome - you'll be running around like a spring chicken in the new year :D
    Wrightington has a great reputation, not too far away from me and I have been there a few times. If you are seeing the lovely Mr Gambhir (or Dr Gorgeous as I always like to think of him :lol: swoon) you are in very capable hands. Even my GP has recommended him for joint replacement work.
    Just take calming deep breaths and imagine how great it is going to be when you can get around without all the pain you currently have.

Jo
    xx
  • Helenbothknees
    Helenbothknees Member Posts: 487
    Options
    I know I will not know the everyday pain my knee gives me, I will be stiff and it will be a big hurdle for me to cross....

Your knee might not be stiff. Mine aren't; I can bend them both right back, ie stand on one leg and pull the other back till it touches my bum. I can't quite squat right down to the ground or kneel right back on my heels, at least not yet. But for all everyday activities they're....normal. They do still hurt, but I gather that's worse for me as I had both done, though why that should make each one slower to heal I don't know. Just start doing your exercises as soon as the spinal wears off, and keep doing them; I think that's the key to getting bendiness back! You won't feel like it, but do it anyway.
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Helen

Yes will start to do exercises as much as I can when spinal wears off....Im just going to have to see how I am, everyone is different arent they?
    You are doing great considering youve had two done, brilliant!

Elainexx

Your knee might not be stiff. Mine aren't; I can bend them both right back, ie stand on one leg and pull the other back till it touches my bum. I can't quite squat right down to the ground or kneel right back on my heels, at least not yet. But for all everyday activities they're....normal. They do still hurt, but I gather that's worse for me as I had both done, though why that should make each one slower to heal I don't know. Just start doing your exercises as soon as the spinal wears off, and keep doing them; I think that's the key to getting bendiness back! You won't feel like it, but do it anyway.[/quote]
  • RitaW
    RitaW Member Posts: 83
    Options
    Hi Elaine,Just wanted to wish you luck for the op,not that you will need it because you will be fine,I'm sure.Will be thinking of you and wishing you a very speedy recovery.I will jump in your dressing gown pocket to keep you company and cheer you up.Will be waiting to hear how you are when you get back on here after the op. :) xx
    R.A. FMS IBS RLS IGD with honours.
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Elaine,

I want to wish you well with your TKR on 25th. I know you're scared, we all are before it happens but think on the other hand if they hadn't been able to do the operation and you were stuck with the pain you have now. Your life will be so much better when you have your new knee.

Good luck. a020.gif

Luv
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Rita

Thanks for offering to jump in my dressing gown pocket, thats really sweet of you :-)....Thanks also for being lovely it means a lot honestly...

Elainexx
    RitaW wrote:
    Hi Elaine,Just wanted to wish you luck for the op,not that you will need it because you will be fine,I'm sure.Will be thinking of you and wishing you a very speedy recovery.I will jump in your dressing gown pocket to keep you company and cheer you up.Will be waiting to hear how you are when you get back on here after the op. :) xx
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Linda

I have thought about how it would be if was stuck with this leg and I know its no life....Its just my nerves taking over but im trying my best to control them...
    Spoke to my sister last night who is a community liaison nurse for people with special needs in highlands...She said if i change mind re spinal tell them but she has had patients who have been worried and when spoken to them after, they didnt know a thing...She also said she could help me with anti clotting injections as she is coming to help look after me few days after im discharged...So ive got great family support, along with my mum and dad who are both over 80 and we live together so we have all had a rocky week with me...
    Thanks for lovely message...

Elainexx
    lindalegs wrote:
    Hi Elaine,

I want to wish you well with your TKR on 25th. I know you're scared, we all are before it happens but think on the other hand if they hadn't been able to do the operation and you were stuck with the pain you have now. Your life will be so much better when you have your new knee.

Good luck. a020.gif

Luv
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Hi Elaine

I will be thinking of you tomorrow , i'm sure all will go well try not to worry to much (easy for me to say )But we will all be with you in your pocket .Not sure i will like the iodine but i suppose its better than bottle white .

((())))xxxx
    Fowls
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Karen

Not sure what you mean re iodine/bottle white...But thanks for pocket duties, it is appreciated..

Elainexx
    fowls48 wrote:
    Hi Elaine

I will be thinking of you tomorrow , i'm sure all will go well try not to worry to much (easy for me to say )But we will all be with you in your pocket .Not sure i will like the iodine but i suppose its better than bottle white .

((())))xxxx
    Fowls
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Just to add Elaine, I was terrified of having a spinal but I asked the anesthetist to give me lots of sedation which she did and and I can just remember feeling in a dreamlike state. I felt warm, comfy and secure and I could see lots of people smiling at me and saying nice things. I can also remember seeing my leg waving about and then realising it belonged to me! :shock: :D

It does hurt when they get you out of bed though ...........or should I say I found all my knees (I'm on my 3rd prosthesis) hurt me when I first walked on them but it does get better.

Good luck again,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Elaine
    Just to say I will be thinking about you tomorrow, and wishing you a speedy recovery....dont forget all that awful pain you have and are having, will soon be a thing of the past.
    Sending lots of hugs (((((()))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Last minute hugs Elaine. ((((( )))))I will be thinking of you tomorrow and over the next few days when you will be offline having your long awaited knee op.

Can't wait to hear all the good things during your recovery.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • JuliaHod12
    JuliaHod12 Member Posts: 456
    Options
    best of luck tomorrow Elaine :-)

am sure it will all go swimmingly and you will be fine
    look forward to seeing you on the other side of it xxxx
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Barbara

Thanks very much and thanks for message too..

Elainexx

barbara12 wrote:
    Hi Elaine
    Just to say I will be thinking about you tomorrow, and wishing you a speedy recovery....dont forget all that awful pain you have and are having, will soon be a thing of the past.
    Sending lots of hugs (((((()))) xx
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Elizabeth

Thanks and thanks for being a great friend....

Elainexx
    tkachev wrote:
    Last minute hugs Elaine. ((((( )))))I will be thinking of you tomorrow and over the next few days when you will be offline having your long awaited knee op.

Can't wait to hear all the good things during your recovery.

Elizabeth x
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Thanks Julia for your lovely message...

Elainexx
    JuliaHod12 wrote:
    best of luck tomorrow Elaine :-)

am sure it will all go swimmingly and you will be fine
    look forward to seeing you on the other side of it xxxx
  • Jo90
    Jo90 Member Posts: 68
    Options
    You're nearly there now...all the best and remember - deep breaths :-)
    Looking forward to your good news on how it turns out for you.
    xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Elaine may well be in surgery at this very moment. Mr Surgeon you must do a brilliant job as she really deserves a lovely new knee.

Hope it all goes well Elaine.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    Options
    Elaine I am still thinking about you, ....we are all here for you ..and wishing you a speedy recovery xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi Elaine
    Thinking of you today xx
    I hope everything goes well and that you soon are feeling the benefit of your shiny new Knee!!
    Love and best wishes
    NB xxx
  • barbara12
    Options
    Elaine
    Just to say I hope your op is now over with, wishing you a speedy recovery xx
    Love
    Barbara