ESA assessment questionnaire

Options
nicetomeetu
nicetomeetu Member Posts: 63
edited 20. Oct 2012, 17:06 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone,

After a recent blood test, it appears that the reason for my increased arthritic pain and fatigue is low Vitamin D levels. I am on tablets now. Although I don't see any immediate improvement in my health, I hope the benefits of the meds will kick in soon and in a couple of months time I am well enough to return to JSA.

I am on ESA assessment rate of benefit at the moment. My question is, they have written to me to expect this questionnaire in the post soon, requesting further information about my condition. Would you recommend I fill in the form myself or go to CAB?

Thank you,

XXXX :)

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    HI Nicetomeetyou

In your shoes I would go to CAB and maybe even get the appointment made soon as they are extremely busy with all the ESA and DLA at the mo.

I have heard of this vitamin D theory a lot recently. Will be great if it works - wonder if it explains how well I always feel on holiday with all that sun :) .

Love

Toni xxx
  • jilly
    jilly Member Posts: 503
    Options
    Hi nicetomeetyou, i have been on vit D tablets for 18 months , i was feeling really very low before i started on them , I felt tired all the time, it took a bit of time before i realized I was feeling less tired so they have worked for me . I have just been taken off them as my levels are normal now . So you may find you feel good in a few weeks .
    Sorry i cant help with the forms. all the best jilly x
  • nicetomeetu
    Options
    Toni and Jilly, thank you both,

I am hoping to make an appointment with CAB soon. Toni I think you are right you know, the sun may have something to do with the feel good factor of a great holiday.

Jilly, I am glad you are feeling better, vit D deficiency can have a major impact on health. The fatigue is really draining. I just want my energy back

xxxx :)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Nicetomeetu

Just read Keldi's thread about how well she was in Egypt :)

Good news as we are off to Tunisia soon and I can't wait :D

Glad you are going to get advice re the forms

Love

Toni xxx
  • nicetomeetu
    Options
    Hi Toni,

A dose of Tunisia is just what I need. You don't have room for a little one do you? He he. You enjoy yourselves and I hope the sun shines for you every day.

:D xxxx