Long over due update

Options
keldi
keldi Member Posts: 53
edited 20. Oct 2012, 06:30 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone. I hope you are all keeping as well as you can. I know that I have not posted anything for a while now, but I have logged in from time to time to see how you are all doing. Since I have been diagnosed with Lupus and have started to receive the correct meds and, I must add, excellent care and monitoring from my GP and rheumy, I feel like a new person. I still have to battle with constant tiredness but my pain is at a minimum and I am continuously developing new strategies to help me do the things that most "normals" take for granted. My mantra is now "I have Lupus, but Lupus does not have me".

I have recently enjoyed a wonderful holiday in Egypt with my family, where I was able to relax and enjoy the sunshine. I even managed to swim for a short time each day. and much to my family's surprise, joined in with a quad bike trip in to the desert and snorkelling in the Red Sea- life in the old girl yet :lol: The only downside to our adventure was an uncomfortable return flight and being stopped by Egyptian security and being questioned about the drugs I was carrying - I take 9 different meds on a daily basis.

I saw my GP for a routine appointment on our return from holiday and he has warned me that the change in activity and temperature may cause a flare - but so far so good.

Last year (pre diagnosis) when I was in intense pain and even breathing hurt, you were all there for me with advice and words of comfort. I would like to thank you all and let you know that I still ring my bell for you and hope that you keep as well as you can. None of us know what the future holds so lets embrace today and celebrate the good days.

Keep well
Daine

Comments

• Soretoe2
    Soretoe2 Member Posts: 198
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Daine, How lovely to hear a good news story on a dreary cold day.
    It just shows that with correct treatment and careful monitoring we can all live a reasonably 'normal' life. You are aqbsolutely right, celebrating life and going forward is the only way.
    Many good wishes to you, Joy
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Daine, So glad everything is going well for you and that you even had a lovely holiday and was able to take part in quad biking and snorkling. Egypt is a very hot country so your GP was right to warn you about the change in temperature causing a flare up. You seem to have not had any problems yet and I hope you don't have any and carry on with this amazing change.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Hello Keldi. It's good to see you again and I'm very pleased your absence has been caused by good health :wink: That's what we like to hear. I'm also glad that the Egypt trip has caused no problems - it's a bit like med side-effects in that they have to list them but that doesn't mean we shall get them.

I still have my bell here on my desk but I hope I don't need to use it for you for a long time. Stay well and thanks for sharing the good news.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Hi Diane

I was in the middle of replying yesterday when I got kicked off my connection - no idea why. I am sure this reply wont be as good :(

I just wanted to say thank you for posting such a good and positive update. It's lovely to hear good stuff sometimes and can help others believe thinks can get better as well as worse :)

Glad you had such a fabulous holiday in Egypt. We went for our honeymoon - fabulous isn't it? and you managed so much well done you!!

Take care

Love

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Daine
    I do love to read post like this, how nice to hear you have had such a good holiday, and all that sunshine.. :D never mind what your doctors says..you just keep relaxed..x
    Love
    Barbara