sacroiliac joint injections

Options
socoolnanny
socoolnanny Member Posts: 11
edited 23. Oct 2012, 10:56 in Living with Arthritis archive
I would appreciate it if anyone can answer this question. My doctor wants to give me an injection for sacroiliac pain. I have had one before for trochanteric bursitis and it was sooooo painful but it worked for a while. I have read that the injection is done by way of xray/guided but he is going to do it himself in the surgery, is this usual? Thank you. Debra

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Debra and welcome to the forum
    Sorry I cant help with your question,but i do wish you well with the injections.
    Love
    Barbara
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Hi, I have just had 4 facet joint injections by x ray. They did hurt momentarily but it has helped. It took 2 weeks to help though and now another disk has slipped, so back to square one for me.

They work for some people and not for others. I was in so much pain, I had nothing to lose. It has highlighted other areas of back and leg pain for me though, so not sure how effective it was.

I am sure others will be along shortly with their experiences.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    also had these done under xray.. Was done at the hospital, I can't see the gp doing them, wouldn't think so anyway.. They helped me for a while. I later had them zapped with radio frequency treatment, basically killing them off, that was a more painful procedure but has really worked..

Very best of luck.. Let us know how it goes?
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options
    Debra

I am sure the doc will 'do no harm' - is that what you are worried about?

Oddly I had one for bursitis at the hospital which was excrutiating and two via my GP at the surgery which weren't :?

I hope that it really helps you

Love

Toni xxx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    I have just had 2 root nerve blocks in L4 and L5 and that was done at the hospital and with x ray as well.
    They gave me a slight sedation so it was OK but not sure how much good they have done {It is only 10 days so i suppose there is time!}

Love
    Hileena
  • vwkamper
    vwkamper Member Posts: 132
    Options
    Hi,

I had it done in hospital and it took 20 mins and that was from going
    down to being back on ward.

I was in a lot of pain and it has made me worse not better.

But everyone is different alas i won't do it again tho'

lexy
    P.M.A Positive Mental Attitude.
  • socoolnanny
    socoolnanny Member Posts: 11
    Options
    Thank you for all the replies. Had the injection this morning and it was pretty painful. Not as bad as the one I had at the hospitals pain clinic though. The doctor was very careful and talked me through it all the time. May have to have more though as I have trochanteric bursitis as well as facet joint problems :( not looking forward to that but if it gives some relief to the pain and constant anguish from my back, legs and groin, bring it on :lol: Debra
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Glad it's over now.. Really hope that it helps.. :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP