flare

Options
pinkbritishstars
pinkbritishstars Member Posts: 731
edited 19. Oct 2012, 17:16 in Living with Arthritis archive
hello

my knees have flared up. also my coxic is really painful too.

my parents dont understand how a flareup occurs and why injections dont work.sigh!!!!

hugs to all

pink xxz

Comments

• Nicchick
    Nicchick Member Posts: 191
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Poor Pink!

It is hard for those outside the arthritis world to understand the flare stuff - it's only recently that my folks have started to get their heads round it all. I've found being very frank with them helps despite being very upsetting for them when I describe the pain. I think it all comes down to the fact that as your parents they want to 'fix' you and it's hard for them to understand that there is no quick fix.

I'm lucky in having the OH who has had RA for over 20 years to help me explain it.

Hope you feel a little better soon!

Nic x
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    We do.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Oh Pink so sorry you're having a flare its awful when people don't understand ,I hope it settles soon.Mig
  • Jo90
    Jo90 Member Posts: 68
    Options
    Hey Pink

Sorry you feel rubbish, but do understand. Big hugs, hope it clears off as soon as it appeared.

Jo
    xx
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Hope it settles soon Pink. Trouble with parents is they think they should be able to make it all right for their offspring (well I know I do and my twins are 27!!!!!!).

But I guess I understand because my 83 yr old mum hasn't a clue what I feel like and keeps telling me I take too much medication-I've given up trying to explain! :?

Deb x
  • pinkbritishstars
    pinkbritishstars Member Posts: 731
    Options
    thanks guys. xx
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Hi Pink. Hope your flare doesn't last too long. Yes, it is difficult to explain to other people. Have you tried using the spoon or gorilla theories to explain?
    Christine