How often can I take Cimzia?

Options
jenzie06
jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
edited 20. Oct 2012, 16:02 in Living with Arthritis archive
Took my cimzia jab last sunday and it hasn't made any difference. Can I take another one now or on Sunday?
At the start you have to take a loading dose of two injections but I'm not sure about later on.

Does anyone know? Obviously there is no one in rhuemy now to ask.

Comments

• salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It takes up to 12 weeks to work. I wouldn't take more than you are prescribed if I were you.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Please don't take any chances. If in doubt either leave it until you can ring the helpline on Monday or, at least, ring NHS Direct.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options
    Gosh Jen

I am horrified they have left you not knowing when to take your next dose :shock:

Let us know what you find out

Love

(slightly worried) Toni xxx
  • kathe
    kathe Member Posts: 183
    Options
    Hello
    I started cimzia about 3 months ago.. Haven`t had any effect yet.. It 3 momths in november...

You starts up whit 2 injetions, so after 2 weeks you take 2 injetions , and 2 weeks later 2 injetions. The first 3 times it is 2 injetions, after that it is only 1 injetions every 2 weeks.

So you have to take 2 injetions in week 1,3 and 5 .. And after that 1 injetion every 2 weeks.
    This is who I do it and thats what my doctor told me and inside the cimzia the intructions says the same...

Good luck and lett me now how it going four your.. I hope i can stop cimzia when I see my reuma in november..
  • jenzie06
    jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
    Options
    Hiya
    Apologies but I think I confused some in my first post.
    I've been on Cimzia for quite some time (about a year) but the effectiveness is wearing off. Recently its been giving me about a weeks relief so I have one week of feeling ok but then a week of feeling like poo.

I was wondering if I could take it every week instead of every two weeks?

I'm awaiting a date to start Abatacept but the rheumy dept doesn't have anymore space for more infusion patients. So there is no point in shouting as the dept are doing their best and there must be other patients like me in the same situation.

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the replies.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Still the same answer from me, Jenzie. It has to be your rheumatology people who decide this. What's appropriate for one patient might not be for another. Give them a ring on Monday morning.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright