Bigger job than hubby thought

knuckleduster
knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
edited 25. Oct 2012, 11:21 in Community Chit-chat archive
He purchased the timber for the new shed floor during the week and had to buy some more this morning. The supporting timbers for the floor had rotted away as well. He frowned when I suggested buying a new shed instead :o .
Found plenty of mouse dirts, huge slugs and a large fat toad :lol: . So from first spotting we had a mouse problem in the shed, hubby is spending much money and time on the new shed floor!. Hope he won't want a fitted carpet as well :roll: .

Janet xx

Comments

• Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    eehh up lass, can't throw owt out, ten new heads and four new andles, tha broom is as good as new!!!!!

I suppose he'll get done by the RSPCA now, making all those animals homeless with winter approaching.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hmmm, once he's totted up the cost of all this I wonder if he'll find that a new shed would have been a) cheaper and b) less hard work? The mice etc will move back, of that I am sure. I don't like toads - do you fancy donating it to the coven? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    Oh, DD how could you not like toads? Poor little thing. Poor hubby has given up for the day (and it's only 5pm - he's got at least another hour of day light!) I'll let him off though because he has gone to pick up our daughter and her other half as they are coming over for tea.

Hope the funeral went as well as these things can and you and Mr DD can relax a bit.

Janet xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I presume that was a rhetorical question? :lol: Obviously you're an admirer of said beasts so I won't list the reasons why I don't like 'em. (I can feel an alphabet coming on, I'll remember this for the small wee hours tomorrow morning!) I hope that Mr KD is not too tired and that you have a pleasant evening with your daughter and her OH. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    My OH has a big shed and a smaller lean to shed he built himself! He loves his shed he has lighting in it and a radio as well! You should never come between a man and his shed!
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    I would love my OH to have his own shed .Then i could make him put his weights in there and use the spare room as a wardrobe :(

Fowls x