Swimming

Options
Melrymax
Melrymax Member Posts: 226
edited 22. Oct 2012, 06:09 in Living with Arthritis archive
Today I thought I would go swimming, gosh it was lovely being in the water and no weight on my hips. But boy did I feel it getting out the pool and for the rest of the day..... Only did 6 lengths!!!

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That's 6 lengths more than I could manage, Mel. I presume you're still carrying that reluctant little bundle about with you too. No wonder getting out was so tough. I think you did very well indeed.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Melrymax
    Melrymax Member Posts: 226
    Options
    Thanks sticky. Yh I do still have the bundle there! It's not budging for anything lol.
  • Tubby
    Tubby Member Posts: 177
    Options
    Swimming usually makes me feel better. After a swim last week my hands felt almost normal for a couple of hours :D
  • carole123
    carole123 Member Posts: 11
    Options
    Yup, swimming does it for me too. In the water is the only place where you can move with no pain - gorgeous! I started by just walking about in the water, so 6 lengths is a brilliant start, Meirymax. I've got to 20 lengths now and that's about my limit for the time being - very slow! But it does relax me and keep me mobile, I'm sure. More power to your - um - knees, elbows, hips etc etc. . . .