Silly me!

Options
DebraKelly
DebraKelly Member Posts: 398
edited 24. Oct 2012, 06:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
For the first time in 3 years since I started on Meth I forgot to take my folic acid tablet yesterday (I do my injection on a Sat night) I was really ill as a result, suddenly remembered at tea time so I took it then. thankfully feeling a bit better today.

I have really been struggling with my injections the past few weeks and I am not sure why, been getting myself very worked up about doing them, even though I have been managing fine for the past few months.

Also up to my 2nd dose of Sulpha, still feeling really sick with this, but not as bad as I was, also noticed that I am bruising a bit more, is this normal?

Comments

• arfaitis
    arfaitis Member Posts: 155
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Debra I wouldn't have thought missing one folic tablet would make you feel ill, it might be some other thing that makes you feel that way, MTX knocks me about somewhat.
    We get plenty of folic from natural food, and I try to eat food with folic.
    [link edited by Moderator]
    Hope you are feeling better now.

Arfa

[Hi Arfa,
    The site you have used is a commercial site, and also based in the USA, and it is for these reasons I have had to edit out the link. Please see house rule 2 for clarification.

However this link to a pdf is from a UK agency
    http://www.bda.uk.com/foodfacts/FolicAcid.pdf
    and I think covers what you wanted to say
    Take care
    YEH]
  • Soretoe2
    Soretoe2 Member Posts: 198
    Options
    Hi Debra, I also don't think one folic acid tablet would have made you feel so bad. As you say you've been struggling for a few weeks now perhaps you could give your rheumy a ring or go back to your gp and review your med/dose.
    I think a check up would be a good idea.
    Hope you are not so down today, Joy
  • DebraKelly
    DebraKelly Member Posts: 398
    Options
    Yes, I am thinking about phony my rhuemy nurse next week if I am the same again after my injection.

Feeling a bit better today, thank good ness.
  • arfaitis
    arfaitis Member Posts: 155
    Options
    Debra phone up after your next blood test, that will tell them where you have a problem.

Arfa
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    How much FA do you take? It could be that you need to increase the dose to better ease the side effects of the meth - your rheumatology nurse should be able to help on that front. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben