Reommendations for wireless laser mouse

Options
gus
gus Member Posts: 3
edited 22. Oct 2012, 09:39 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,
I hope this is the correct area to post this.
My wireless mouse has finally died. I have been looking for a new one and at present I am using a small usb one. It is causing so much pain I need a new mouse quickly.
I prefer a full size right handed laser wireless mouse,My last one was a Microsoft 6000 series. The problem I have is my thumb is deformed and several fingers have turned to the right.
I also have arthritis in my wrists. I did not realise what a nightmare it would be to find a new mouse. The other problem is I am agoraphobic so have great difficulty going to the shops so it must be an on line purchase.
Could anyone recommend a mouse they have found comfortable of one designed for arthritis. I don't have much money for one maybe up to £50 at most.

Comments

• DebraKelly
    DebraKelly Member Posts: 398
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Checkout a website call Posturite!

I got my last mouse from there (a cordless/wireless) mouse, its called a penguin mouse.

Bit pricey, but really helps with the pain, I have got one in work too.
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    I can't use a mouse either so got a trackpad. Absolutely brilliant! you just swipe and tap and joint pain in thumb hardly there anymore. I would never go back to a mouse and you get used to it very quickly. Check it out.
  • gus
    gus Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi,
    Thanks for all the advice I looked at the Posturite site they are very expensive.I do not think the trackpad would be any good for me I cannot use the pads on laptops or touch screens on phones,just too painful.
    I have bought this mouse " Logitech Performance Mouse MX with Darkfield Laser Tracking" it's ergonomic so should be fine. I purchased it from a site I have used for years and they are fantastic if you have to return anything.
    It was £54.99 a lot of money for a mouse but I really need one.Posturite wanted £89.00 excluding vat plus shipping which is well over the top.

Again thanks for all the help.