Oh dear, perforated eardrum

Options
knuckleduster
knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
edited 22. Oct 2012, 16:11 in Community Chit-chat archive
Had my ears syringed about three weeks ago and the left one has been feeling irritable ever since. Thought I had better get it checked out in case it was an infection, only to be told I had a perforated eardrum more than likely caused by the syringing.

Hopefully it will repair by itself because I've just read what happens if it has to be surgically repaired and it doesn't sound very nice.

Janet xx

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Awe Janet sorry to here that it must be so sore, hopefully it will repair itself soon without any problems and too much pain.........tc......Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Gosh Janet :shock:

I hope you are Ok? My Mum perforated hers when I was little and I remember the pain she was in :(

love

Toni xx

PS did they say 'sorry'?
  • knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    Options
    Hello Marie and Toni

Thankfully it's not painful as such, more like irritable and sore with a ringing sound. It seems that it can happen with syringing, but I think I will avoid that particular nurse in future.

Hopefully it will repair itself, as I've read up on the operation and the recovery doesn't sound very nice. Luckily I can still hear with it. Have got to wear an ear plug when washing my hair because getting water in it is a big no, no. I jokingly said to my son that I wasn't allowed out in the rain, but he just said "oh" :lol: . Somehow I don't think he was listening :roll: .

Janet xx
  • 7worlds
    7worlds Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Hey Knuckleduster. My OH has had a dodgy ear drum since he was a child. He is waiting on word to go in and get it fixed. Think you are right about the recovery though. Its not nice at all :cry:

7Worlds