ATOS Assessment Today!

Options
refereerick
refereerick Member Posts: 71
edited 24. Oct 2012, 03:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,
I've not posted recently, but things have settled down a bit now, the pain is managable,its the tiredness and tablets giving me the most gyp now, and i'm finally on the Sulfasalazine.
Now its the turn of ATOS today. I'm fine with all the hospital and doc's appointments but this is really making me feel nervous, I feel like a criminal. I've read stuff about this on t'web and my stomachs all over the place this morning!
I'd appreciate any info about this assessment and anyones experiences, I hate the feeling that they think i'm a fraud :(

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I hope it went well, refereerick. I'm sorry I'm a bit late on to this but I couldn't have helped anyway.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hi matey, is the torture over with now?
    I hope that it went well Rkid...

Please let us know :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • ShulaArcher
    ShulaArcher Member Posts: 174
    Options
    Hello

I should think it's all over by now. How did it go?

Shula
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hi

Hope it all went well today, coulnd't have helped you earlier as going to be in the same situ soon, let us know how it went......Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Hope it all went well!

All the best. :)
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Its awful how they make people jumps though hoops....and the stress they cause.
    You are not a fraud, and i really do hope that it all went well for you xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • refereerick
    refereerick Member Posts: 71
    Options
    Hi all,
    Thanks for all the best wishes 8)
    Well fortunately it wasn't as bad as I expected, they didn't handcuff me, shine a bright light in my face or stick needles under my fingernails :wink:
    The appointment was about 45 minutes late :roll:
    I saw a nurse who said a relative of hers had RA and she seemed quite sympathetic :o She was really nice and it went smoothly and took about 30 minutes for the assessment, not at all what I thought it might be like after reading all the horror stories on t'interweb, it was just like going to the Doc's.
    Now I'm not stupid enough, believe it or not :? , to think it was all that straight forward, so we'll see what the outcome is when the 'results' come through.
    Anyone else who has to go for one of these, i'd say obviously it depends who assesses you, but all in all it wasn't too bad an experience, so don't worry to much!
    Hope you all have as good a day a possible, take care, Rick
  • PollySid
    PollySid Member Posts: 343
    Options
    I can't say that I found it a bad experience - the nurse was pleasant and seemed sympathetic.
    It is when the report comes through, and they turn you down, making you feel like a fraud, that it can be a bad experience.
    I hope you are one of the lucky few that get through first time round, and don't have to go through appeals and tribunals like most do.