update on my foot

dachshund
dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
edited 24. Oct 2012, 15:03 in Community Chit-chat archive
Thankyou everyone for all your kind thoughts.
I have had the result of the xray.all okay. now the only thing stoping me is geting the swelling down.any tips please its the whole of the front of my foot. thankyou again.
Sue.
take care
joan xx

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Thats great news, thank goodness there is nothing broken, only thing I can suggest is ice packs, I'm sure there will be others along to give there input.....tc.....Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    That's excellent news, Sue, and thank you for sharing it with us. I, too, can only think of ice packs (frozen peas wrapped in a towel - not put directly onto your foot). Take care, both of you. (((())))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh Sue, what a relief that there is nothing seriously wrong. I find cold good for reducing swelling and I also sit with my legs up and a cushion or pillow underneath my knees. I hope the swelling soon reduces - are you on any anti-inflammatory medicine? Hugs to you and Joan. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Sue
    I am so glad its not broken, but still they can be so painful, I would try and rest it has much as possible.
    Hope it improves very soon x
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Hi Sue

(Hi Joan)

So glad there wasn't a break they had missed, but that still leaves you swollen up and unable to bear weight on that foot :(

I expect you've already tried it, but l think elevate it and anti-inflams if you have some and it's ok with other meds - have you tried ice?

Love

Toni xxx