edited 26. Oct 2012, 05:12 in Living with Arthritis archive
On November 20th I will be having both wrists done. :shock: Ye gods. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• cherrybim
    cherrybim Member Posts: 334
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Aw, you'll be delighted when it's all healed and you can straighten up and fly right :wink:

Little tip: Palms can remain sensitive for quite a while but using tubigrip from the base of the fingers to about 5 inches down the wrist with a hole cut for the thumb joint helps such a lot for those 'eek' moments :)

Will be thinking of you lying there with your arms in stirrups, I hasten to add that it's not for long :)

Cherry
  • knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    Options
    Glad to hear you've got a date for your wrists. I had mine done in August 1983 and they've been fine ever since.

Janet x
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Good news DD at least you will get some relief at last, see the tips are rolling in already, hope you are feeling a bit more human..........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Thats good news DD ..it will be over with for Christmas....I am sure it will make a big difference xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Fingers and toes crossed that it will bring you symptom relief. Obviously we will be in your pocket on the day but also on hand to make cups of tea etc while you relax and order us around! :D x
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I'm sure everything will be fine. It's no good telling you not to worry, because of course you're going to. :wink:
    I suppose you feel you could do without this, on top of your other tribulations! But, it's time to think of you now.
    Just keep reminding yourself why you're having this done, and how much better things will be afterwards.
    I'm available for pocket duties, and any other duties you care to send my way :D
    Thinking of you,
    Numpty
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Thank you one and all, I appreciate your taking the time to reply. I'm not in the slightest bit worried or anxious - Mr DD will be taking the following two weeks off so he can be around to help out with the things I won't be able to do (which seems to be nearly everything in the early stages) and I suspect a lot of sitting about will be going on as the surgeon warned me that my crutches and Clatterator will be difficult for me to use as I won't be able to grasp the handles properly. We will shove a bed in the dining room so I don't have to tackle our steep and narrow stairs (we have a ground floor bathroom) and rig up a telly so all should be well. There will be one small area of difficulty though, namely personal hygeine - :shock: Ye gods, this could take our marriage to a whole new level. :wink: I will be relieved to get them done, they are becoming more and more troublesome and I hope the surgery achieves the desired effect. It better. I am a little uncertain about the local anaesthetic thing but hell, others have had it done so I can too. DD
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    That's daunting but wonderful news my lovely lovely pal :D
    Just imagine, non fizzing pandies :shock: Now won't that be nice?
    I hope it goes without saying that I shall be wherever you need me to be pocket duty wise.
    And I make a mean cup of tetleys..
    I'm sure Mr DD will make a smashing personal assistant and the rest can only strengthen what is a very sound marriage :shock: :wink:

I think we are away up't'north at that point, me n Janet are having a few days in Washington (not DC) to make up for our anniversary we didn't celebrate earlier in the year, then our neighbors plus mum are meeting us in hexham to drive up to keilder forest for five days.
    I will be sending YBH's from afar mi dear :wink:
    Xxxxx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I very much hope all goes swimmingly and you will finally have a bit of DD that feels relatively OK. As for the ‘assisted ablutions’ – I look forward to the forthcoming bestseller ‘Liven Up Your Marriage the Carpal Tunnel Op Route’. You’ll be fine with the local anaesthetic as we’ll all be there (in surgical gowns, of course) cheering you on.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    OOOH DD

Both wrists :shock: i will be thinking of you do not forget to post pocket duties .

Fowls ((()))XXX
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    I'm sure everything will go fine and Mr DD to look after you!love to both Mig
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    Well That is good news - the sooner the better then you will be on the mend soonerer too :wink::)

Love

Toni xxx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi DD
    Great news....the sooner the better and you'll be recovered by Christmas....wont you???? :wink:

Love
    Hileena
  • 7worlds
    7worlds Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Hey DD. Be thinking of you . Make sure you take it easy after your surgery. Let everyone spoil you!

7Worlds
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Wishing you all the very best for your forthcoming op, DD. I am sure all will be well and Mr. DD will come up trumps as usual. :wink::D

Gentle hugs
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • diamond
    diamond Member Posts: 396
    Options
    Best wishes for your forthcoming op DD i pray it will help you.x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    My hands are really playing up today, I can't wait to get this op done. I've decided to cancel Christmas as I don't need or want the extra hassle that season brings. The surgeon told me I would be definitely out of all action for a fortnight and then reduced action for the following two to four weeks. I don't know how the rest of the joints are going to be as I'll be off the meth and humira for at least a month so I think the sensible thing is to say Christmas 2012 is going to be a non-event. Bliss. :D DD
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,940
    Options
    Hello DD
    good luck with your op i will be there for you. how will you manage to eat and do the little things we need to do.
    take care.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I've asked Ra to make you an automatic bum scratcher, with built in washer uperer,ironer, cooker, cleaner and best of all... bottle opener :D
    It's being built as we speak... Should be with you I'm a week or so.
    Xxx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Ah, that multi-talented cat of yours comes to the rescue once more! Please thank him from me.

I think that Mr DD and me are going to find out a great deal more about each other in the two weeks following the op - none of it very nice either. :oops: Food-wise anything will go as long as he cuts it up for me, drinking will be interesting (I assume I will be able to grasp a cup although it may be wise to invest in a spill-proof baby's beaker :wink: - do they do them in cut glass?) and the rest will be muddled through as and when I get there. YIKES! DD