Latest on my painfull TKR

Options
wendgro
wendgro Member Posts: 296
edited 26. Oct 2012, 05:02 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well went to see the consultant yesterday for the second opinion on my very painfull TKR of 4yrs. It boils down to the fact that the original inplant which was a moveable bearing one is now not moving thus all the pain and stiffness. These inplants are not used now thank goodness the treatment is another new knee, My bend has dropped down to 40% and the knee is increasingly painfull particularly at night. I was concerned that my consultant had advised me to see his colleague as though he doubted himself but I was told yesterday that it is common practice to do this within the medical profession better to be safe than sorry. So I am now waiting again for a date to go and have the new knee done again. Got to get cracking with my Xmas presents just in case I have made the cake whether it will get iced is another matter. Wendy x

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Wendy...I am please that you have got there at last but sorry you have to have another TKR..in a way you must be so relieved.
    You have had all that pain for 4 years, and hopefully all that will come to an end very soon.
    I really do wish you well with it all xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Wish you well Wendy hope all goes well this time .........tc........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    I really hope you get a date very soon for your operation Wendy. Please let us know when you do.

Luv
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I’m glad it’s going to be sorted out at last. I’ve done the December hospitalisation twice now – once over Christmas. I just did everything early and left what I couldn’t do. (Mr SW and elder son both insisted it was the best Christmas dinner they’d ever had :roll: )
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,941
    Options
    Hello Wendy
    i hope you dont have to wait too long for the date of the op.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    Hi Wendy ,fingers crossed everything goes very well this time around my 12 weeker is still very sore stiff hot at times and I think the scar is not healing that well its purple puckerd my knee does not have contours as it used to ,down to a couple of codeine/phosphate a day but sleep badly and feel a bit down walking is better though .Marrianne :(
  • Helenbothknees
    Helenbothknees Member Posts: 487
    Options
    Wendy, fingers crossed for you! I've been following this thread, but didn't have anything new to say.

Marrianne, just wanted to say...three and a half months after TKR, my knees are still sore at times too, but it feels more like severe bruising than anything else, which you would expect. I keep thinking they're not improving, but every time I go to something which is weekly (yoga, hudrotherapy) I notice an improvement on the week before. I had purple puckered bits on my scars too, but they''re gradually going - Bio oil, or just time? I'm down to just paracetamol now for the pain; I could probably do with the occasional codeine, but after getting over the withdrawal symptoms coming off it, I don't want to take it unless I have to. Sleep badly? Yup, but getting better. Overall, I think we're doing OK - they did tell me a year to eighteen months to full recovery, and I bet you heard that too.
    (Wendy, sorry for thread drift)

Helen
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello Wendgro, that is better news, yes? At least it can be sorted and I hope they do it sooner rather than later. The best of luck with it and let us know when you get the date. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben