Not been back for a while! Just wondering...

Options
lozzC
lozzC Member Posts: 27
edited 24. Oct 2012, 08:56 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hey!
I haven't been on here for a while! Since then I have got used to my meth... kind of... and I have gone part time at work and I am feeling a bit more relaxed and I am slowly coming to terms with my RA (as much as you can)

I have recently (the last 3 weeks) gone up to 22.5 mg of Meth a week. I have noticed my hair is coming out quicker and quicker. My reummy has upped my folic acid to 3 tablets a week but it doesn't seem to be slowing down... A good friend has suggested sea kelp... which I am giving a go.

But the thing I was really wondering about it peoples appetite.... I have been told and read that meth can reduce your appetite but this has seemed to have happened rapidly and when my o/h encourages me to eat it doesn't feel comfortable even after eating just half a normal amount. This is unusual for me, I love food and cooking.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? :?

Lozz x

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Lozz
    I am glad you are getting there with the help of the meth,but its rotten that its effecting your appetite..like you say eating is one of life pleasures, have you disgust this with your rheumy I was just wondering if there is anything they can recommend, or do has I do and ask at the chemist..I find them brilliant .
    who knows it might just come back on its own xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I don’t think meth has ever reduced my appetite, Lozz, but, it might be worth asking about a stomach protector if you’re not already taking one. Please don’t let your weight drop too much without seeking advice.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright