Talking about hair loss

Options
Milly8
Milly8 Member Posts: 114
edited 28. Oct 2012, 07:36 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well decided to be brave and straighten my hair to see how thin it really is and thanks to all my lovely meds give it another year or two and I will have none.i used to have such lovely thick hair.been getting away with it as I had a perm but to thin now to even put volume in a perm but that's life.been having a look at getting a wig ,decided on a style but not colour as yet.maybe get two wigs two different colours.always fancied dark blonde .
Bye for now
Milly

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Milly

I have a friend who has breast cancer at the mo. She has bought more than one wig and they are so different! She has decided to have fun with her hair/wigs :)

and why not?

Well done you :)

Love

Toni xx
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    I love the idea of having a wig, just might have a look for myself for those bad hair days - and I get plenty of those as I have very fine hair. Not helped by long term steroid use. Hmm, shopping today then :)
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Hi mill t

How horrid for you , why cant the hair fall out of your arm pits and oof of your legs ,A friend of mine laughed at that as he is just recovering from cancer .Good luck with the Wigs hope you have fun with them .

Fowls xx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I looked in to the price of wigs recently as I noticed alot of pop stars where wigs to look different. And I thought rather than be drastic and change my hair colour to dramatic have a wig! But when I saw the price I freaked and thought against it, the cheapest wig was over £100! And just as a bit of fun £100 is way too much to spend!
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hi Milly

You just go and treat yourself to a couple of wigs, I am sure the transformation will cheer you up no end, I can sympatise, I have androgenetic alopecia so will need a wig myself at some point, at least I will know where to come to for pointers when that day comes.......hope you have a lovely weekend..........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Milly8
    Milly8 Member Posts: 114
    Options
    Thank you all for your relies.i am going to get a wig before I am forced to as its my choose at the moment and I am going to see my hairdresser and see what style will suit me for now while I have enough to do something with.my son was moaning how thick him hair was the other day and told him he gets it from me and don't moan as he may go bald like this dad when his older.
    Bye for now
    Milly
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I've always had baby-fine hair, I guess it's a little thinner now due to age and meth. I've lost qute a few eyelashes too. I've now had my hair cut really short but left a little length on top for the natural curl to bounce up which it still valliantly tries to do - this also makes it easier to wash and I leave it to dry naturally which is now even quicker. I am aware that there are supplements one can take to encourage hair and nail growth but whether these would interract with the meds is something that needs discussing with your rheumatology nurse. DD

PS re wigs, why not go for summat different? I'd opt for fluorescent colours - they're pretty cheap too! A costume shop in town has a wonderful 'Purdey' style in electric blue . . . . . . .
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben