Long Term Sick

Options
Mam78
Mam78 Member Posts: 2
edited 25. Oct 2012, 09:32 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi every1 :) I am new to this and never used a forum before but I need some advice.
I have RA and was diagnosed in 2007 just after giving birth to my daughter. Since then until end of last year my condition was under control. In November last year I was in hospital due to having Pneumonia and Pericarditus.
Since that time I have been unable to return to my job due to having breathing difficulties, numerous chest infections and being physically unable to stick to a timetable due to my RA.
After numerous ATOS referrals, my GP has reported that I will be fit for work within the next 6 months, I disagree due to my illnesses. My SSP ends next month, I dont no what benefits, if any I can claim. Is there any1 out there in a similar situation as this or can help with any advice. Many Thanks

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Mam78, I'm afraid I can't offer any help or advice.
    I just wanted to welcome you to the forum. You will find a lovely bunch of people here, and I'm sure someone will be along soon who can help.
    Numpty
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Hi Mam78

Sorry cannot help either , but welcome to the forum .

Fowls xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    Gosh Mam

Does your GP really think you will be fit for work? If so then they will put you on jobseekers I think :? In your shoes I would go and see someone from CAb to take some advice - sooner rather than later

Love

Toni xx

Oh PS lovely to meet you :)
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    Hi, welcome to the forum. I don't know exactly how these things work but can't you ask your consultant to support you? I think someone else said it, but you can go to citizens advice bureau - they were extremely good with me when I was sick a number of years ago.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Mam, Welcome to the forum, What I wanted to add and I'm sure others will agree is only you will know if and when your ready to work, it's your body so your decision. If your seeing your G.P again I would say something similar!
  • pinkbritishstars
    pinkbritishstars Member Posts: 731
    Options
    Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear how ill you have been.

hope to see you around the boards.

Pink x