Movement

Options
wall1409
wall1409 Member Posts: 294
edited 25. Oct 2012, 12:53 in Living with Arthritis archive
Random question here. I am awaiting an MRI scan as Rheume is suspecting other things going on, I have borderline blood tests for RA up to now they think I have OA or AS. I have full movement of my hips when physio test them but I am in so much pain in upper back, lower back and hips, hip pain feels like a massive bruise and hot but they gave me 2 injections in both hips and I only got relief for 7 days. Anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi wall
    I am still in the process of finding out if most of my pain is from my back hips or both, I have had the hip injections and they didnt do much for me,the MRIs I had, show quite a few probs in my back and my hips are quite bad..so it is hit and miss really what to go for first..must add I have OA and in the early days I had borderline RA, then it disappeared...till I came on this forum I didnt realise how complex it was , I hope you get some answers very soon x
    Love
    Barbara
  • DebraKelly
    DebraKelly Member Posts: 398
    Options
    My RA is in my right knee and right hand.

However I do have problems with my lower back and hip.

I find that physio helps with the lower back and hip so perhaps give this a try.

I get regular steriod injections into my knee and they do help for months at a time, but everyone is different.
  • wall1409
    wall1409 Member Posts: 294
    Options
    Thank you, I'm undergoing physio thanks to rheumi, they are telling me to lie down and watch tv in the evening instead of sitting to take pressure off the spine, pain is really bad but hopefully meds may be sorted out soon after MRI