DLA

Options
Nicchick
Nicchick Member Posts: 191
edited 26. Oct 2012, 07:42 in Living with Arthritis archive
I got it!

After being turned down before and reading that I should have had help applying for it I didn't for one minute think I would be awarded it.....

The relief is indescribable and I quickly revised my Blue Badge application which I hadn't yet completed, thankfully!

I immediately felt like a fraud as at present I'm having not so bad days but as OH reminds me often, our good days are normal person's bad days!

I'm sitting round OH's waiting for him to come home so I can tell him :)

I did also have a rather snide and mildly threatening letter from the Chief Executive of the hospital which claims to answer my questions and which has left me fuming, I will deal with it later when I have calmed down...

He's upset that I have made comments (which he seems to think are critical) about my treatment on twitter but he could (and should) also see that I have also praised and mentioned how impressed I have been with certain aspects of my care, especially recently. He chose not to mention that!

Nic x

Comments

• fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi NC

Great to hear good news for a change well done i am really pleased for you as it is a struggle for some folk to claim things which they are entitled to .
    Hope you calm down soon so you can deal with that A Hole Chief Executive .

Fowls xx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Great news... I hope you manage to have a celebration? :D
    And I also hope you manage to sort the other problem out too
    :wink:
    Good for you :D:D:D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Nicchick
    Options
    Thanks guys!

I'm about to go out to work, my evening class of stitchers! They will also be pleased - it makes such a difference!

*beaming from ear to ear*

Nx
  • wall1409
    wall1409 Member Posts: 294
    Options
    Congrats, nice to hear good news on here, and good luck with your other problem. I've applied for DLA using advice from this site and the help of my daughter so lets see :)
  • Nicchick
    Options
    Thanks!

I did get help from the OH as he said to me 'you are in pain all the while woman! Put that you can't walk without pain at all....'

I think we just get used to putting up with not cooking properly, letting cobwebs develop and generally not do stuff we want to do. I filled in the part about hobbies and interests with regards to my allotment which I can barely tend now but am so reluctant to give up!

Keep plugging away as if you are honest and stop being brave it will work out!
    Nx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Great news you desrve it as much as evedryone else, hope you get your other problem sorted out without to much fuss...........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • PowerOn
    PowerOn Member Posts: 200
    Options
    Well done, it is nasty being turned down for stuff as that can make you feel as if people are calling you a fraud when you are in a lot of pain.
    Being believed is important, if you are not believed who is going to help!
    I don't twitter is it under your name so the hospital employee saw it and why was he writting to an ill person being nasty, freedom of speech must apply without threats?
    Best joke I ever read, "With that information and a diagnosis of spondylosis, your doctor can develop a treatment plan‏" or back in reality totally ignore you. Is ok I have a sense of humour and a boxing glove, not defeated yet.
  • Nicchick
    Options
    Precisely PowerOn!

I slept on it and then called the complaints office again - they have marked it as resolved, it is nowhere near that! I still haven't had satisfactory answers or apologies from the relevant parties so I have requested a face to face meeting with him to get it directly, not from behind a typist!

They appear to have excuses for absolutely everything and despite my being told that I was entitled to an opinion from outside the trust he has now said that my GP would have to refer me to another rheumatologist and I'm happy with the one that I now have...

He even went as far as to say that I had been 'treated' by previous consultant who I only saw once and was using old x-rays to diagnose and treat me with strong drugs without the courtesy of even examining me despite my being in pain and suffering with swollen joints for most of the last four years!

Another twitter person is going through diagnosis right now and as she works there seems to be getting along a darn sight quicker...I do have my name on my twitter account as I use it for work and have quite a few followers - I do tweet personal stuff or it looks weird when people meet me at the shop and I bumble out with me stick - also I'd rather people knew than be confronted with it and made to feel uncomfortable.

Moan over! Just dropped in Blue Badge application with a pretty grim photo...:)

Nx