update rhumy appointment today

Options
jilly
jilly Member Posts: 503
edited 26. Oct 2012, 09:10 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi everyone hope you are all ok and not in to much pain .
Some of you may remember I have been lost in the depths of the hospital paperwork and after 18 months of feeling horrible and having lots of pain i rang hospital and insisted on being seen , they admitted they had forgot me. Anyway it has taken a few months but I have now been given the Metatrexate i should have started 18 months ago.
I had a chest xray and bloods done and was given the meds but i have to wait until tomorrow for the nurse to ring and say to go ahead if my chest was ok and my bloods are right .
I hope I am ok and on the meds and start to feel better soon .I tried suffa but came out in a rash. the trouble with RA it seems to take for ever getting it sorted and all the time you feel horrible. I have had 2 knees and a hip replaced in the time it as taken for the hospital to decide i have RA . I am so worn down with it all . Well i will post and let you know how i go on ...thanks again for your help ....jillyx

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi do hope all comes back well and you get started good luck val
    val
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Good luck with the tests,hope you can start the meds.Mig
  • PowerOn
    PowerOn Member Posts: 200
    Options
    Hi Jilly,
    well done for chasing them and getting treament you need, I hope it goes well from now on.
    I totally get the "worn down" feeling, not knowing what is going on and the worry that causes is very difficult to cope with, I hope this is a turniong point in your care, good luck.
    Best joke I ever read, "With that information and a diagnosis of spondylosis, your doctor can develop a treatment plan‏" or back in reality totally ignore you. Is ok I have a sense of humour and a boxing glove, not defeated yet.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Well done to you for your perseverance - what a shocking service from the hospital. I hope the meth does the trick for you without being too nasty - please let us know how you get on, yes? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • jilly
    jilly Member Posts: 503
    Options
    thanks everyone , I have posted again asking for some help about my bloods they have rung and say i cant go on the meth, because of my platlets and whilte blood cells they are only 160 what ever that means . So if any of you lovely people know anything about this i would appreciate your help ....jillyx