hoping somebody can help

Options
kazt84
kazt84 Member Posts: 28
edited 26. Oct 2012, 06:37 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Guys sorry its me again,
hope everyone is well and not suffering with this cold weather!
Anyway my bloods have come back and im a bit confused, my rhematoyd factor is negative but my anti ccp is possative my crp is 23, and im not back to see the rheumy until the 5th of december so gonna have it on my mind until then :? Can anybody help me before then?
Thanks Caroline

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    RF being negative is common, I don't know much about the CCP measure (I don't think mine has ever been done) and the CRP of 23 doesn't seem so bad. (Mine has been in the 160s). The figures are just a measure of what was happening on the day the bloods were taken, they do vary and if there was any cause for concern then either your GP or the hospital would contact you. Make sure you have your bloods done regularly as that will give a better picture of how things are going with you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Soretoe2
    Soretoe2 Member Posts: 198
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Caoroline,
    I think having to cope with our problems on a daily basis is enough without having to decipher 'figures' all the time. As long as you are having regular check ups and feeling reasonable then try not to worry about 'numbers' too much.
    Obviously if you feel you are sliding backwards, the pain is unbearable or have any worries give the doc/department a ring.
    Do hope you are feeling better and more positive today. Joy