does enyone get gold feet

MINKA
MINKA Member Posts: 35
edited 16. Mar 2013, 08:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
my feet now keep going cold then at night they get warm
me ankle is still giving me some jip been to podiatry to sort this out but the things take some getting used to also me knees go gold
and that right leg has been playing me up a bit alomg with the hands cant seem to shake this off at all read somewhere that this can come from your back but i only get mild aches after walking some way or is it somthing they cal fibro please enlighten me
i have beat this thing 2 times now but now at 62 it is realy beating me its ups and downs all the time tried alsorts of home remidys appple cider vinager fish oil all sorts
wonder if me knees are causing the cold feet started in me knees then whent to me feet was like someone eating me feet awayfrom the inside when it started in april

Comments

• salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Minka, yes, I get cold feet all the time, so cold they are painful. I wear thermal socks and those sheepskin style slippers at home. They are a bit clumsy but keep my feet warm. Also, recently discovered bed socks. Fabulous!
  • Soretoe2
    Soretoe2 Member Posts: 198
    Hi Minka, I also have really cold arthritic feet, my right one being the worst.
    As well as wearing different thicknesses of socks to match the temperature I have a hot water bottle at the end of the bed (If I'm a very lucky girl my hubby does it for me!) it makes a lot of difference.
    My biggest problem is in the day. I simply can't wear tights and nice shoes unless I want to grin and bear the pain for a wedding or something. I usually wear pop socks under another pair of socks, cotton ones in the summer and thicker walking ones in the autumn winter. The two layers do help and are not too bulky.
    I also bought some thick, thermal wellington boot socks and wear them over the other two pairs round the house, when my feet are too painful for slippers.
    You can buy over the knee socks too, to help those poor knees. I wear these on perishing days.
    Sadly there's not a lot of other things to help. Paindullers when they are bad, a warm water soak with epsom salts in is nice and then wrap them up afterwards. If you are sitting down a heat pad can be soothing. A gentle massage can keep the circulation going as well. I always wrap my feet in a small shawl when I sit down. My little grandson brings it to me automatically now as I take it to his house too, for when we read stories.
    We are a similar age so I really know how horrible it all is. Keep warm, Joy
  • MINKA
    im not to bad at all aty night they go warm again in the day time god they hurt cos they are so cold.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Hi Minka

I wear thermal socks and these fluffy type boot slippers nice and snug, find the combination keeps my feet nice and toastie, hope you find something soon to keep your tootsies warm..........Marie
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • ShulaArcher
    ShulaArcher Member Posts: 174
    Hello

I wear bed socks all year round, but frequently find I have to take them off in the night. I definitely couldn't get to sleep without them as my feet feel like little blocks of ice.

I read somewhere recently that cold feet can be one symptom of fibromyalgia, which I've been diagnosed with.

Shula
  • PowerOn
    PowerOn Member Posts: 200
    My knees take turns in roasting too high and very uncomfortable to freezing, do not know why still working at getting the GP to find out what exactly is wrong, OA was mentioned at one time with no advice so am bouncing back and forward to GP to try to work something out.
    Hope things improve for us both soon.
    Best joke I ever read, "With that information and a diagnosis of spondylosis, your doctor can develop a treatment plan‏" or back in reality totally ignore you. Is ok I have a sense of humour and a boxing glove, not defeated yet.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Welcome to the cold feet club! I live in bed socks and boot type slippers all year! And in the winter I have to have a faux fur throw over me to keep me warm as my legs suffer with the drop in temprature (like at the moment). So you will find a lot of us are in the club!
  • MINKA
    do any of you get cold sores with it ive had mine going blue on the operated knee and big toe on the other side
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    This sounds like a circulation problem - maybe it's best for you to go and see your GP. Cold sores are caused by the herpes virus. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben