Copper Bangles??!!

Options
vwkamper
vwkamper Member Posts: 132
edited 5. Nov 2012, 03:10 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,

I have arthur in my hands and me i'll try anything once,
so i have purchased for a sale price of 90p a copper bangle from my
local chemist. It says on the packet to wear it constant and i will feel a benefit in about 2 months.

Dose anyone else use these and how do you feel about them?

lexy.
P.M.A Positive Mental Attitude.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Some people swear by their copper bangles etc, in my experience they are usually people who don't have arthritis, all they are experiencing is just the usual aches and twinges of aging. They also tend to be the same people who swear by cider vinegar, magnets, swinging from the chandeliers in an anti-clockwise direction and eating only nettles.

I think if you have a 'proper' arthritis then of course you will try anything you can get your hands on to help matters, it's what people do and that is natural. Good luck with it - at least it shouldn't harm you. Take care. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    Options
    Oh DD you did make me laugh. Haven't got a chandelier - would my lounge centre light do instead? I did though go through a phase of taking a dessertspoonful of cider vinegar with a teaspoon of honey in a mug of hot water which I read about in a book on arthritis written by a former nurse, but apart from being a nice warming drink it didn't do much for my knees.
    Also tried a magnetic watch in the early days and that didn't help either.

But, of course, different things do help different people and it doesn't do any harm to give things a go Lexy. You didn't say Lexy if it was in your fingers or your wrists. When my wrists play up, I slip on a tubigrip bandage and that helps me.

Janet xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    I think most of us have gone through things like this at the beginning.
    I know I did the cider and vinegar one :wink: I also had a braclet....ordered from a magazine....didnt do any good but it was quite pretty :lol:
    It wont do any harm and it might do some good.

Love
    Hileena
  • Loulou11
    Loulou11 Member Posts: 86
    Options
    I'm sorry but I have to agree with DD, I wore about four bangles at any one time as I was growing up with family members buying them from far and wide. Only thing the did was give me a green arm lol. I've tried the magnetic ones too and they weren't any better.

Sorry to disappoint but don't waste your money xxxx
  • vwkamper
    Options
    Hi all,

Thanks for your funny comments i did have a laugh the vinegar one
    only on chips for me.
    My pain is my hands fingers,wrists,shoulders riddled is the word i was
    looking for.
    I only paid 90p and it's still shiney so i'll keep it till i get board with it.

lexy.
  • Helenbothknees
    Helenbothknees Member Posts: 487
    Options
    I found quite a lot of "strange" things worked in the early days, and I suspect they held off deterioration for some years, IN MY CASE. However, bangles weren't one of those, and didn't work. They do seem to work for some, however, and are definitely worth a try. So is cider vinegar, Glucosamine (my doctor will even prescribe that now), homeopathic Rhus Tox, checking for food allergies, crystal therapy, and several other things I tried between 1998 and 2011, but which I've now forgotten about.
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi Lexy
    I think ive tried everything going
    Tried glucosamine, aloe vera juice,copper bangles all with no effect not tried nettles supposed to make a good cuppa yuk the thought of cider vinegar yuk yuk yuk
    There must be something out there that helps Ive no idea what though
    If you find anything let us know
    Take care
    Maria
  • vwkamper
    Options
    Hi all,

Well bangle in the bin it iritated me more than anything else so it's gone.
    Won't be buying them again.

lexy.