mig and humira

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 29. Oct 2012, 15:00 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone,My first jab went well,no problems at all,48hours after the second I started to feel sick (just retching)can't face the thought of eating,feel like I have no energy and as weak as a kitten.Is all this normal,should I see gp or contact rheumatology department.Mig

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Awe Mig sorry you are feeling so rubbish hun sorry can't help you, I'm sure someone will be along to advise you, hope it is temporary and you feel a bit better soon (((())))s..............tc...........Marie
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Milly8
    Milly8 Member Posts: 114
    Options
    Sorry to hear that mig .now you mention it I did my jab on Tuesday and on Thursday I had a really bad feeling I was going to be sick .i did my jab in my stomach for the first time this week as I have always done it in my legs with no problems apart from bad muscle pains in both arms down to the elbow.You just can't tell how our bodies react to the jabs.if you are worried why not give rheumy nurse a ring that's what they are there for and I find mine happy to help and resure you when needed.hope you feel better soon.
    Bye for now
    Milly
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I have had the 'no energy' and 'as weak as a kitten' with humira but I've never had the other symptoms.

I would give your nurse a ring just to let them know.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Loulou11
    Loulou11 Member Posts: 86
    Options
    I was told there was more chance of a side effect on the second jab than first and it was normal to feel and be sick. My nurses also told me that it would pass and as time passed I they would go, if your not feeling any better tomorrow call your rheumy nurse for reassurance if nothing else. Sorry your feeling rough xxxx
  • mig
    Options
    Thanks for your replies.Since starting humira I have been able to stop the anti flame and the stomach protected and also I am now only on 1mg of pred,I am now virtually pain free,so I need to stop the codeine,some of you may remember the problem I had with them,my feelings are very similar,I was on 4x30mg per day I tried to stop them,this I think is the trouble,I have some 15mg so I have started to take them,cutting out altogether is not the way.I have left a message for my rheumatology nurse,she might be able to surgest something to help.A very down in the dumps Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hon, this is very early days on the humira, your body has to adjust to a new med as well as your stopping the others. I've never dropped a med since beginning the humira (apart from the steroids) although I was told I would be able to. :lol: I hope the nurse gets back to you soon - if not ring her again. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Mig I do wish I could offer some help, but like the others have said its probably better that you have a word with your rheumy..I hope they can put your mind at rest very soon x
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    I can't help with humira, mig, but I think ringing the helpline is a good idea. I hope they can sort something out for you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    Options
    Had a call from rheumatology,as regards the codeine I am doing the right thing,I am to split the hydroxy dose ,did try this when I first went on it,got to call back on Thursday and to carry on with humira as it's working and bloods are fine ,it's very unusual for the sickness with it.I hope its the hydroxy that's causing the problem,I don't want to take a backward step.Mig
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Hi Mig,
    I really hope your problems are soon resolved.
    It's no fun when a med which helps the arthritis causes other problems. Very disappointing, and frustrating :x
    Wishing you well,
    Numpty
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I'm glad they got back to you so quickly - sometimes it is a matter of tweaking things until the right balance is found. I hope you are feeling better now. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    I, too, hope you're feeling a bit better, mig. When I used to take two hydroxy daily I always split the dose. I hope the hydroxy is the cause as, if so, the remedy seems simple enough. It might be that you tolerated the double hydroxy OK without the humira but chucking the humira into the mix means you need to split the other. I hope so.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright